Do Must Dubs Have Pre-Marital Sex?

by tall penguin 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aniron
    aniron

In one year when I was a JW, about 8 years ago, we had 9 weddings at the Kingdom Hall, between March and September. The couples who married range from 18 to 27 in age. I remarked to an Elder we hadn't had so many weddings in a year for a long while. He said "Yeah its nice, its just a pity none of them where virgins when they walked down the aisle."

Recently having met up with some other ex-JW's, it seems its not uncommon. As one of them remarked she didn't think that anyone in her congregation between the ages of 16 to 25 hadn't had sex. She'd had sex with at least three JW brothers, one who was a Min Servant, Elders son.

My wife and I started having sex when we got engaged, which was 10 months before the wedding, and that was nearly 30 years ago now. Our attitude was that we were getting married anyway, so why not. She was 20, I was 22. In fact I don't think either of us coerced the other into it.

We got married round same time as another two couples, who we were friendly with. We used to meet for dinner parties occasionally. It used to make me laugh, because on such occasions the WT says we should talk about "spiritual things", we talked about sex. I can say one thing that the WT's attitude to oral sex and sexual positions certainly did not affect any of us. Like hell were we going to let them dictate to us what we did in our own bedroom.

Though I've been out of the JW's now for 5 years, I know from contacts, particularly those who know my children. I get told its all still going on among the young ones in the congregation.

But of course they give the impression that all is fine and that no such thing happens in the congregations of Jehovahs organisation.

• pratt1
    pratt1

In a 2 year period I attended about 20 weddings including my own.

Nearly all had pre marital sex

Nearly all are divoced from that partner.

Including myself.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I did, so did a lot of other jws kids that I knew growing up. Some of the girls even got pregnant! Who knew that would happen!

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I got baptized at 14 and lost my virginty at 17. Have had 7 partners my whole life and felt guilty about it at 20 years old and was almost coming close to confessing to the elders till I read crisis of conscience.

Whew. RIP Raymond

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

stillAwitness,
    Just so you know, Ray Franz is still alive. His health isn't the greatest but he's still kickin'!
    tp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit