Today, I Was Shunned By Jesus'

by Honesty 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

annointed sister. As she walked past me in the courtroom I said, "Hello, xxxxxx how have you been"? Now, I have been shunned quite a bit in the past 11 months since DA'ng from the WTBTS but this was absolutely priceless. One of Jesus' own gave me the ultimate shun. She continued walking and her countenance changed dramatically. An almost immediate expression of repugnance and disgust appeared in her eyes and on her otherwise beautiful face. It was all I could do not to cry out, "As Jesus is walking beside you, is he also shunning me"? Then, it dawned on me that there is no way that Jesus could be walking beside her. You see, The Governing Body nourishes and nurtures a culture alien to God. They have segregated an elect group of 144,000 "annointed sons of God" based on the symbolisms of Revelation. However, only a few of these have any influence as they form the "Governing Body". What contribution do the present 8,000 or so men and women of that group make? They appear to have no meaningful rapport with the 6 million "other sheep" or with the self-appointed Governing Body. They are like concubines; Rizpah for example, a mere pawn in Abner's ambitious attempts to rise to power. (2 Samuel 3:6-11). As I realised her precarious position within the WT hierarchy, an intense feeling of compassion towards her overcame me. I remembered when I first heard the news that she had begun partaking during the 2004 Memorial at the age of 39. The 'friends' were unified in their outrage that one so young, and a lowly women at that, had the nerve to believe she had been personally chosen by God to co-exist and co-rule in heaven alonside Jesus. I then thought of my dear departed friend, Harvey Parker. He also had started partaking of the emblems at the annual Memorial Celebration at an early age in the 1980's. This wonderful, kind brother was the constant brunt of criticism and ridicule by the 'friends' in Tazewell, TN. and the surrounding area. Come to think of it, every modern-day annointed one that I was familiar with during my tenure as a JW came under the same intense scrutiny and suspicion as Harvey and this young women who happens to be my ex sister-in-law. I then offered a silent prayer in her behalf to my LORD and Savior, Jesus. I hope He leads her so that she may come to know Him as stated in John 17:3.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

that sucks man. whata buncha jackasses.

take care,

ts

• PointBlank
    PointBlank

The Lord Jesus' compassion for these people is overwhelming. Isn't it great when he allows us to feel the same?? That's victory indeed, when bitterness and fear are conquered by something greater than us all.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Thankyou, TS. My heart goes out to all of the annointed who are not on the GB because I honestly believe they are discriminated against unless they happen to be an elder or CO.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Then, it dawned on me that there is no way that Jesus could be walking beside her.

What an ego boost it must be for you, to worship a god so limited and small as to be able to only be with those who believe as you.

alt

Forgive them, for they know not what they do.

j

• Honesty
    Honesty
    What an ego boost it must be for you, to worship a god so limited and small as to be able to only be with those who believe as you.

Nothing was implied about beliefs, my friend. Do you really believe that Jesus would purposely shun any human? Do you for a minute think that is what He taught? You have no idea what I believe just as I have no idea what your beliefs are. However, our actions towards others do show what we feel at the moment. It is just hard for me to comprehend how this kind and sweet women could respond in an unfriendly manner to a warm greeting from me. In the past she was always warm and friendly in her dealings with me. I don't see how that could change just because I no longer believe that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Socity and the Governing Body of JW's is God's only source of truth from God to mankind. I guess there is something to all the stories I have heard on this and other boards about the conditional love shown by faithful follwers of the Watchtower Society.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Great, then say that. No need to say "no way that Jesus could be walking beside her". If you don't know what I'm doing, you certainly don't know what Jesus is doing.

j

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Do you really believe that Jesus would purposely shun any human?

Personally I have no beliefs about Jesus. However, if he existed, and if he was very wise, then he had the sense to treat people as the moment defined, and if that meant ignoring them, so be it. Why put him in a box?

j

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Personally I have no beliefs about Jesus. However, if he existed, and if he was very wise, then he had the sense to treat people as the moment defined, and if that meant ignoring them, so be it. Why put him in a box?

I haven't found any evidence that He shunned or ignored anyone. Until any is presented, I can only conclude that He treated people with kindness, even those who hated Him.

• Perry
    Perry
    As I realised her precarious position within the WT hierarchy, an intense feeling of compassion towards her overcame me.

Awesome! I'm still working on my hot-headed Sicilian temper. Guess I haven't been slapped around enough. But, I'm gittin' there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit