UK "shoot to kill" - mixed up justice

by Simon 58 Replies latest social current

• D8TA
    D8TA

I Was Currenlty Having Blond Moment While Typing said:

The Menezes killing was a ,istake but no big deal ,if the guy hadn't run then he wouldn't have got shot. What sort of idiot runs onto the underground when challenged by armed police just days after a terrorist bombing? If I were an armed police officer I would have shot first rather than risk the chance of another bomb on the underground .

Excuse me. Can you please describe to me Mr. Menezes current education in English? Or his perception and knowledge as to the culture of the island? Or perhaps, did you read that Sr. Menezes "didn't run". Do you know much about how Brasilian react to Police in...oh say in Brasil? Do you know anything about the state of mind as to a Brasilian in a foreign country? Do you know anything about Brasilians at all?

Fala Portuguese? Fui pra Brasil? Sabe cultura do Brasil? Tem comprehencao como os povos do Brasil tem com Policia em geral? Nao? CALAR SUA BOCA, TOLO IGNORANTE!

It's no big deal, right? South American Brasilian, unarmed, shotdown...because of cover-up and lies say he "ran"..just another "brown person" dead. Does that justifiy killing somebody, because they "ran"? Does it justify killing somebody when claims that he was there illegally (when he wasn't, has family there and was there legally)?

So, let's say I see you running near the site of the 2 towers in NY, and I am an armed police police officer. I shout for you to stop. Would you like me to shoot you? How about your mother? Dad? Sister? Brother? Cousin? Close Friend? Can I? Perhaps because YOU DON'T HEAR ME OR UNDERSTAND? Maybe You (they) were trying to catch a taxi, because you were late?

Plan fact (not truth), London Police screwed up. Just like any other law enforcement agency, despite what country they exist in, they screwed up on being a bit trigger happy. They violated and destroyed a life. It was a time of tension, sure, but times of tension do not excuse their actions, in fact it's a time to be extra cautious. They shouldn't of shot him dead. He committed no crime that warranted a death sentence.

You bet, when Brasileiros begin their critics of (insert name of nation) Police, I am the first to show that 3 fingers are pointing back when one is pointing at another.

It was an unjust act...it was wrong period...it IS a BIG deal. Nobody is in the right to "shoot first and ask questions" later. This is a bunch of Hollywood crap that only the ignorant and foolish can identify with, because they have no clue as what goes on in the world outside their small and limited in vision life and FoxNews T.V. sets.

His life, Your Life, My life, are equal in value. When a misunderstanding as such takes place...it's this type of U.S. borne philisophy that makes the rest of the world view people who hold such opinion, as ignorant and plain stupid.

Oh wait, did you all think I was dead?

I just happened to come here, because...well...sorry all...I was bored and wanted to see what was happening in the "ye olde world of those who left a mind controlling cult".

So in double post I will catch you up:

I got married in Brasil and lived my most beautiful and wonderful wife Lucimar. We are trying hard (giggle) for our first baby, but there's a catch: IMMIGRATION! It has been a pain to get a Spousal Visa. I've jumped many a hoop, and cut many a red tape, and after a small problem between us...she will be here in November.

Why return to the States? Very simple. Should our children be born in Brasil, they would not be recognized as U.S. citizens, yet if they are born in the U.S., Brasil will recognize them as Brasilian citizens...this way, VISA fees and the immigration circus mess would be minimized, they'll have dual citizenship. Also, my children are not to be held to my opinion as to global politics and international relations. They deserve the chance to form their own opinion. The U.S. provides a better opportunity for such in the realms of education (especially if we are blessed with a girl).

It's funny, how children can make you stop and compromise on very firm and stout beliefs. How love can influence and change one's opinions. I just want our kids to have something most kids in Brasil do not. A chance for a decent education. I wouldn't of minded starting over in France of England...but, since I grew up in the U.S., it's here that I can give the advantage for our kids. Plus, I can take them to a baseball game. :)

(edited for spelling and grammatical errors, usually because my bi-lingual mind is thining 80-20 (Portuguese BR - Ingles).

• Robdar
    Robdar
    But he WAS in this country illegally, right?

Why would that matter? Is England shooting illegal aliens now?

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Im not advocating that, but I cannot understand the cheek of this guy's family - he was braking the law by being in the UK, but still they want people sacked, compensation etc.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Sam the Man, on that point I have to agree with you.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Thanks Ellie,

I believe that the blame rests with the man who was killed. If he hadn't had been braking the law, he would not have been killed. Period.

But it's funny how the media have not questioned why the initial witness said of Mr Menzes that he was 'Arab looking' when he clearly isnt, and why the same witness spoke of seeing him in a big thick coat, even though it has been proven otherwise. Who was this witness, where is he now and why did he lie? And why was Blair's acting so poor even though he had months to reherse the speech he gave just after the attacks?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sam:

I believe that the blame rests with the man who was killed. If he hadn't had been braking the law, he would not have been killed. Period.

That's like saying "I'm sorry we hanged a man who was innocent of murder, but we subsequently found out he was once a thief, so it's ok".

It's also like saying "I'm sorry that man got killed by a hit and run driver, he was in the wrong place ant the wrong time, ah well, he shouldn't have taken an early lunchbreak to get his child's prescription".

Shouldn't the punishment fit the crime?

• Angharad
    Angharad

What ! Its the victims fault he was pinned down and executed because his visa had expired - what a totally ridiculous and ignorant statement.

His family should not be bothered about him being murdered because he shouldn’t have been here! He got what he deserved did he?

Hey lets give the executioners a reward because it saved a bit of paper work for the immigration department.

No one can make excuses for this incident and people should be prosecuted.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Again I am not saying that he deserved his untimely demise, all I am pointing out to you is that it is my opinion that the blame rests with him - I'm not saying 'Police shot him, serves him right, shouldn't have been in the UK'... I am saying that he was personally to blame because he put himself into that situation by 1)Living in the UK as an illegal and 2)Coming out of a house that had been under police scrutiny.

If you were to go to Brazil today, outstay your visa and dont stop for the police - they will not wait for your explanation - they will shoot you on sight. I visited Rio for 4 days in 2003 and a saw a man shot dead by armed officers for failing to stop when they shouted!

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

"its the victims fault he was pinned down and executed because his visa had expired - what a totally ridiculous and ignorant statement."

And its ignorant of you to believe that the police in pursuit of this man knew that his visa had expired. He could have been anyone.

• Angharad
    Angharad
    Coming out of a house that had been under police scrutiny.

It was a block of flats - so anyone of the large number of residents in there would have been responsible if they had happened to be the one that got followed from there?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit