Jehovah's Witnesses Recruiting at colleges...

by TresHappy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

They look more like Mormon missionaries than JW pioneers.

• Periodic Bedlam
    Periodic Bedlam

I have seen these JW "advertisement" tables set up at many airports in my travels. I also saw them at a college I was attending about 10 years ago.

What I would like to see is this:

Someone go up to the table with the latest Watchtower in hand saying, "I got this magazine when a JW came to my door the other day. I read the magazine and noticed that your religion warns against going to college. So, would this mean that if I joined the JW's I would have to quit college? And maybe I should show this magazine to those who run this college. Because you have permission to have this table here, but it seems that if you recruit students to your religion, then they will leave this college. So really, your being here is undermining the purpose of this establishment."

Would be interesting to watch their faces and hear their response.

Just a thought.

• kid-A
    kid-A

WHITE DUDE: "Hey brother friendly, do you think a couple window-washers like us are prepared to handle the godless, intellectualism of these college kids?"

BLACK DUDE: "Relax brother smiley, I graduated top of the class in 4th grade!!! "

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I've known of this recruiting campaign for some time now. It happens at just about any big university campus.

It's a nice and easy way pioneers use to count their time.

DY

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

how dare they! College is the one sanctuary I have to be away from theWT and now they are there too??!!

• Emma
    Emma

They do this about once a year outside adining hall at the university where I work. The next day I leave around little tracts, Jehovah's Witnesses, Who Are They? I've never seen any students going up to the table, though.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    So really, your being here is undermining the purpose of this establishment."

Good idea. I have another one: Someone take the literature examples showing admonition against attending college and bring it to the college authorities who allowed JWs on their campus in the 1st place. They probably wouldn't allow them to return. I just thought of a better idea. I will write OU a letter about it myself.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Notice all the "interested ones" flocking to the table? That's how it is at my school, too. No one ever approaches the table. And they're not allowed to come out from behind that table to accost people!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Hey TresHappy, thanks for pointing this out. I have a cousin at Ohio U, he is a freshman. I hope they dont try to snag him in. The nerve of them going to a college campus trying to recruit!!! talk about hypocrites! I wonder if the local JW's ever do anything like that, here at the UT campus?

Dave

Recently, I was enjoying an early morning Starbucks in Beverly Hills, California, when I observed a Jehovah's Witness with literature attempting to proselytize passers-by. In the 1/2 hour I was there, I saw absolutely no one give this JW the time of day. I found it hilarious that they would attempt to convert the Beverly Hills crowd to their cult which frowns upon wealth, notwithstanding the hypocritical attainment of it by some within the cult. I would have been very surprised if anyone in Beverly Hills (other than Tom Cruise) gave these charlatans the time of day.

I suspect that the college recruiting will be as successful as the Beverly HIlls preaching, as it is highly unlikely that educated individuals would be naive enough to accept their message of blind obediance to some New York corporations. But then again, there's one born every minute . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit