Not intended for general public distribution!

by Atlantis 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Interesting quote from the November 1971 Kingdom Ministry.

Question

Box

Should the eighty questions in the "Lamp" book be covered in personal Bible studies with interested persons?

The "Lamp" book is not intended for general public distribution. So it is not something that we offer to people as a basis for study when we first begin to call on them. There is no objection to your using it to answer some of their questions. But to obtain a personal copy, the student must make request of the congregation servant, and this he would do when he is making good progress toward dedication and baptism.

Cheers!

• prophecor
    prophecor

What publication was this?

• horrible life
    horrible life

I think it was yellow. Am I right? Do I win? HL

• lawrence
    lawrence

That was the same comment made with the refined/New Light - 'Organization Book' (green one) which replaced the 'LAMP' book (what kind of light? - yellow book). For me it was a privilege to receive. I got a Lamp Book (undercover), not yet baptized, but MAN! when the Organization Book arrived, I was asked "how many copies Brother?" I should have said, "NONE!"

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I remember the 'Lamp' book. It was the pub that was used before I was dipped.

As I look back, I wonder why it did not seem odd that one had to study and memorize 80 questions and answers to serve God? I do not recall Jesus saying that would be required!

Jeff

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The "Lamp" book is not intended for general public distribution. So it is not something that we offer to people as a basis for study when we first begin to call on them.

Translated: They don't get the book until the initial stages of indoctrination are complete.

W

• Legolas
    Legolas

How old is that book???? I don't think I have heard of it!

• TD
    TD

Your Word Is a Lamp to My Foot (1967)

It was replaced by Organization For Kingdom-Preaching And Disciple-Making (1972)

• TheListener
    TheListener

I believe the Lamp book replaced the Equipped to do Every Good Work book of 1955.

When I first read the thread I confused the Lamp book with the Shining as Illuminators pioneer book. That was a special book not to be shared as well.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    That was a special book not to be shared as well.

Isn't it amazing how thoroughly they play the "elitism" card, despite their constant cries of unity and "the highest rank you can achieve in Jehovah's Organization is publisher of the Good News"?

We're all one big happy family, but keep your nose outta my secret book!

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit