NASA: Humans Back to the Moon

by Gerard 62 Replies latest social current

• Gerard
    Gerard
    I'm still unconvinced we've actually been there.

Once I saw a special on TV about this controversy. They presented both points of view and I am convinced that they did go there....but the footage of the Llunar Module take off without even disturbing the Moon dust is something I am not comfortable with.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

In just eight more days NASA launches the Artemis rocket to go orbit the moon. See https://www.nasa.gov/specials/artemis/ . Yippie! The web pages says the following.

"With Artemis missions, NASA will land the first woman and first person of color on the Moon, using innovative technologies to explore more of the lunar surface than ever before. We will collaborate with commercial and international partners and establish the first long-term presence on the Moon. Then, we will use what we learn on and around the Moon to take the next giant leap: sending the first astronauts to Mars."

See also the article called " Moon caves and pits are a comfy 63 degrees ". It says in part the following. "The moon has virtually no atmosphere, so daytime temperatures on the moon can hit 260 degrees Fahrenheit (126° Celsius), while nighttime temps can drop to -280 F (-173 C). But a team of scientists announced on July 26, 2022, that they’ve found pits and caves on the moon that have a permanent temperature of 63 F (17 C). "

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

This may be more suitable for a different thread...but...going to Mars, at least right now, doesn't thrill me. If and when we do, i'll be on the edge of my seat of course, but for the money, things like the JWST are more interesting. There are questions i'd like to have answered before I die and robotic missions and things like JWST seem more likely to answer those and give more bang for the buck than the expense of keeping humans alive in a tin can. .

My dream NASA project would be a robotic mission to Europa to see what if anything is in that ocean beneath the ice.

Your thoughts?

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

BettyHumpter, I agree that a robotic mission to below the icy surface of the moon Europa would be excellent.

• waton
    waton

Amazingly, in the same year, may be same month, same latitude in the USofA, we will also have the launch of an even bigger craft, that is destined to finally land on the Moon and Mars. Musk"s many uses masterpiece. cheap too, reusable and paid for, not the taxpayer, but willing private consumers investors.

Europa? there the sun is 5 times smaller from here, sun light 1/25. ( 4% ) the strength of what it is here. Once there you really wish you were back in Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island FL where you started out from.

The up in that other Europa, , around noon, at the equator, where it is warmest in both ways, a spot on Europa slows to minus 3 km/sec, loops in a prolate cycloid motion in front of the sun. see:

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/jupiter-saturn-harvesting-machines.160744/ .

All great works better than battering ourselves over borders, local territory, that is not ours anyway.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

@waton

I dont expect to meet Vulcans on Europa. But maybe something like tube worms that don't rely on photosynthesis would be amazing.

• waton
    waton
    worms that don't rely on photosynthesis would be amazing. BH.

yeah, we have life here too, on this goldilocks planet, exploiting other energy gradients.

The thread deals with visiting heavenly bodies that we know harbour no life, as we know it, so far.

Webb is looking at Trappist one's 7 planets too,

love being trapped by heavenly bodies ha ha

• waton
    waton

Gerard

"the footage of the Llunar Module take off without even disturbing the Moon dust is something I am not comfortable with.

The footage shows a short burst of propellant gas that blasts away pieces of the lander, left behind. an easy takeoff in the low lunar gravity field. The stream of gas was shielded/deflected by the equipment, never reached the regolith

IN THE LOCAL CONGREGATIONS AROUND MERRITT ISLAND FL WERE MANY "ROCKET SCIENTISTS" INVOLVED IN THE MOON PROGRAM, FAKE HEAVEnLY NEWS WAS NOT THEIR OCCUPATION. sorry for the cap lock, still using the columbus method of typing.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

NASA has rescheduled the Artemis 1 launch to Saturday, September 3, 2022 during a 2-hour window beginning at 2:17 pm EDT (7.17pm BST / 6.17pm UTC). See https://www.livescience.com/nasa-announces-second-artemis-launch-date for more information.

• waton
    waton

In the meantime, E. Musk is running tests and probably trying to figure out what payload could be gathered to fill the 250 cubic meters cavernous cavity of his starship. (you could actually get space sick in the assembly building)

of course everyone has his favoured load to get off their backs and sent to H. . so

nasa's measly 9 cubic meters interior volume will not do.

PS, make it a giant garden, with palms, bamboos, Hibiscus, Figs, Vines for wines, to break the dreadful scenes in the monster machines that astronauts have to live in. park one near the space stations for Rest and Recreation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit