C.T. Russell: a confirmed Pittsburgh Free Mason

by kid-A 118 Replies latest jw friends

• Beacon Of Truth
    Beacon Of Truth

Same expose happend to Evangelical Billy Graham. HIs name was on an eastern united States lodge membership list and was mysteriously taken off. They can take anyones name off a membership and often, most prominent members are never included in memberships. All masons are sworn to secrecy. We dont need to see Russell's name in an official masonic membership list...we simply use our God give common sense and weigh the evidence. Charles Taze Russell was a Knights Templar Freemason (Occult practitioner)

• Beacon Of Truth
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

Welcome back, Ianone.

• jwsons
  • jwsons
  • rebel8
    rebel8

I believe it is possible he was a Mason or at least was involved with them or their beliefs. There is no way to know for certain Russell's beliefs in Masons. However, we can be sure of this: JWs were and are far from "not even touching the unclean thing"--and that is more important. Clearly, Masonic references were made in literature, from the platform, etc.

No one has mentioned this: http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/dirtywatchtowersecrets.htm Site claims there is a symbol of the god Ra on the outside of the assembly hall. Not having been there, I cannot verify this is true.

The site quotes Russell a bit differently than the previous posters on this thread. The context seems to indicate he was either aware of the implications of his words or he was smoking crack at the time (or the quote is a lie):

"'I am very glad to have this particular opportunity of saying a word about some of the things in which we agree with our Masonic friends, because we are speaking in a building dedicated to Masonry, and we also are Masons. I am a Freemason.' Charles Taze Russell." (The Temple of God-Pastor Russell page 120)

For fun--more conspiracy theories: http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2005/08/323602.shtml

• TD
    TD

Hi Rebel,

Site claims there is a symbol of the god Ra on the outside of the assembly hall. Not having been there, I cannot verify this is true.

The assembly hall is in Queens. The JW's didn't build it, so the most we could take them to task for is not removing the decoration after they acquired the building. At any rate, this has little to do with Russell.

Below is Russell's statement in context. I think it is pretty clear that he was simply cuddling up to the Masons without claiming membership.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

"In fact, some of my very dear friends are Masons..." LOL!! Doesn't that sound a little bit like, "I'm not racist, some of my best friends are blacks" or "I'm not homophobic, some of my best friends are gays".

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

There are a lot of comments for and against the Masonry influence. What I would like to know is if anyone personally knows a Mason or Knights Templer, does anyone have a family member involved in these organizations, and if those commenting have inside information?

I have 2 friends that are members, but I can't get very much information from them. It would be nice to have an inside track, and then we could actually get membership lists. That's the only way I see to put this to rest.

Swalker

• Quentin
    Quentin

What would you like to know? I'm going back to work will check back this afternoon...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit