C.T. Russell: a confirmed Pittsburgh Free Mason

by kid-A 118 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah, the Pensacola Street congregation has the pride of being the first "kingdom hall" in the world. At least that's what I recall....

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I've done quite a bit of research on this topic and my opinion is that Russell considered himself a spiritual "Free Mason", but definitely not a literal one. I'm not a David Icke fan.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

My bottom line is that no one truly knows for sure. When I first heard about the U.N. scandal...I did not believe that...so I personally called the U.N. and got a personal letter sent to me confirming that the Watchtower was indeed an NGO. After that I was open to believe a number of things that sounded incredulous but turned out to be true. The pedophile issue and cover up tops the list.

After recently finding out that my grandfather was a Mason, which stunned me, considering the fact that he was on the BOARD OF DIRECTORS of the WATCHTOWER SOCIETY during Rutherford's era, it leaves me with a lot of unanswered questions. Why for instance, would he not teach his OWN children not to become members or even tell his OWN children that he was a Mason? You would think that the 2 organizations would be at odds with one another. He taught them everything else that they could or could not do...it's just hits me as strange, like the symbolism in the Studies in the Scriptures is strange. It definately helps me to appreciate that Christ did not inspect the religions of the world in 1914 and choose this organization as the one following closely to his teachings.

Swalker

• chrissy
    chrissy

Thanks for everything Nathan. Right down to supplying a source for wax! I also found directions to the actual sight on freeminds.

Also, I read the "headstone rubbing for dummies" page so I am all set. It gives me a reason to actually look forward to visiting my old town aka dub-land, for once instead of dreading all of the old towerites I could be potentially running into.

Here it is located in the North Hills area. I am thinking its about 30 miles or so away from my fam. wow! I got this evil idea today on telling my mom to get into the car with me because we are going to the Northway mall, only guess what, we never go to the mall because I pull into the cemetery. Then I walk her to the grave and when she asks where on earth are you taking me? I would say, Oh I am here to visit an old friend, just wait and see...and I would be very interested to see her reaction after I pointed out the cross and crown emblems and see just what she thought of the gigantic pyramid that would be there staring us both down with that big freaky eye. But I wont because that is too dirty of a thing to do. But something i am considering is telling people that visiting "pastor russells" grave is on my itinerary just to see what they say. lol. It will bring awareness to it for sure.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    Yes, he said this but it was in more of an "Ich bin ein Berliner" kind of way.

This is a good example. Russell said: "I am a freemason." and it did not mean that he was a mason.

Kennedy said "Ich bin ein Berliner." and today many think he considered himself a "Berliner".

But the whole quote goes: "Two thousand years ago the proudest boast was 'civis Romanus sum'. Today, in the world of freedom, the proudest boast is 'Ich bin ein Berliner'."

So much about quotes and their context-

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Chrissy,

Your Mom should enjoy that trip! LOL!

But one thing - there is no "big freaky eye" on the Watch Tower Pyramid. The top of the pyramid was said to represent Christ. It is plain and unadorned.

Have a fun visit!

• chrissy
    chrissy

Oh. right. i guess that was the dollar bill i was thinking of. lol. i knew there was an eye at the top of some pyramid i associated w. evilness. :)

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

One of these days I'll have to get back there to copy down all the names and take pictures of the other stones. Some of them also have pictures under glass.

This is the photo I took of the the pyramid.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............what did I do wrong? The picture showed for me..........

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Let's try this again............

• Beacon Of Truth
    Beacon Of Truth

yes...many fail to realize the implications of the Order of the Skull and Bones at Yale University, of which Bush and many other prominent puppets are members of. Russell Trust founded Skull and Bones. Skull and Bones is a Masonic Lodge in the highest degree....dont let the scoffers try to pedal it off as a frat club. Russell was certainly a freemason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit