Did You Believe The "End" Would Come In Your Lifetime?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

After reading the notes from the Special Assembly Day, I think it's UNBELIEVABLE that the Bethel speakers are saying that within 20 or 30 years we WILL BE in paradise. They will never learn! They ignore the scriptures 100%!! While trying to recruit the (un)faithful, they use scare tactics and carrot sticks. It's too bad that some people wish to remain so gullible.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Deep down I never believed it because I could see that the JWs were not really preaching the gospel to all nations a prerequisite for the end to arrive. They were not able to cover the Moslem countries, India, and China that is half the world's population and the excuses they gave for this failure did not make sense.

I could also sense that the JW society was nothing like the ideal Christian society they claimed to be. They didn't deserve eternal life any more than the rest of the world.

• Phil
    Phil

I can understand a person who is brought up in the cult, brainwashed by the parents for several years and becomes a believer. On the other hand, a person who is brought up outside the cult and at the age of 25, are convinced, by a total stranger that the watchtower is God's representative on earth and have decided the fate of all the people on earth with times and dates when it will happen is totally incomprehensible. The apt answer to any critcism is they are lying. This to me is the height of ignorance and stupidity. Whew that makes me feel good.

Does anyone know what the new time schedule is for the "end".

• minimus
    minimus

Maybe it's 2034.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Does anyone know what the new time schedule is for the "end".

1914 I think. Oops, that is past already. 1925, er, 1941, I mean 1975, er by the end of the 20th Century for sure, oh my missed that one too.

2014 marks 100 years since the King took the throne. Surely it must be before then!!!!!

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit