Need Help Finding a WT article

by JV 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Everything's coming to a head this weekend. I'm having a little talk with an elder and i wanted to use this article, thanks guys

I betcha he says, "Ahhhh... that's old light and there's no need to pay any attention to it".

• JV
    JV

Thanks Atlantis, We'll see what happens on sat Honesty, i'll keep everybody posted

• anewme
    anewme

Wow! What powerful forces were at work when I was a youngster I was not aware of.
    I ran into a Watchtower chick by accident at high school. I was new to the school and was lost as to where my classes were. This friendly girl showed me around and asked me what my religion was........

Years later she confessed to me our meeting was no accident, that she had prayed all summer for two Bible studies so she could pioneer while in her senior year. So the first day of school bible studies were on her mind. My family was going through a divorce and my personal life looked dim. I had no friends in the new school and so was grateful for this girl's attention and friendship. We spent every minute together not in class. She was wonderful I thought. Little did I know she was counting every minute with me.

At a time in my life when I should have been getting counseling to begin a career I was getting propaganda to abhor the world and shun higher education and retreat into the Watchtower Society.
    This girl got straight A's, was a lovely singer and writer and had a very nice intact family.
    So what she said carried alot of weight with me. She turned down a huge scholarship in order to pioneer and this impressed me too.
    After she got me to agree to pioneer with her after I got baptised (the baptism resulted in my being kicked out of my house at 18) she promptly had a nervous breakdown and shriveled up as a publisher.
    She even married without inviting me and moved away. I only saw her at Conventions and our relationship, which I thought was so solid when we were 18, was now very casual and almost non-existant. I am still a little baffled about it all.

But if she had any doubts about the recruiting she did as a teen, she never shared it with her victims,
    me and others she led about in the early 70s. She had her own car group of unbaptized ones she could practically get missionary hours off of. She was very charming and smart and persuasive and led me into a cult group I spent the next 35 years as lonely as can be. My father died with me never celebrating one of his birthdays or sending him a Christmas card or gift as an adult. My brother married and had 3 kids without me once visiting or sending congratulatory gifts......my mother died when I was 19 and so self righteous I hated her for her drinking and smoking.

Now I am kicked out by this stupid misleading organization. All my family and friends I worked hard to nurture in the org have been ripped from me!

"Old truth indeed" Thats how they rationalize every inaccurate prophesy they have made.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

a newme thats a really sad story glad u found this website i got dfed 6 months ago and its helping me.

that wt article is so good my parents are struggling so bad money wise because they havent prepared at all for their future they are mid 60s and still working so hard. and yet they still say the society never said any dates!!

any more articles like that one?

• VM44
    VM44

"...and yet they still say the society never said any dates!!"

Ask them if they remember the special talk in 1970, "Who Will Conquer the World in the 1970.s"?

That talk originated from The Watchtower Organization, and if they were not setting a date, then what was the purpose of the talk, and its title?

--VM44

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think it would be interesting to read those paragraphs to a JW while giving him/her that it is from a recent publication. I wonder how they would react to it.

• miss_ellie
    miss_ellie

im seriuosly thinkin about showing that message to my BF...do you think the recent watchtowers say the exact same paragraph?

the borg is sooo superficial it makes me cringe!!

ellie x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit