My First Apostate Vacation -- Surfing and Dope and Counter-Culture

by tetrapod.sapien 39 Replies latest jw friends

• chrissy
    chrissy

sounds like a blast....great travel tales.

glad to hear you are loving your freedom and what better place to do it in. reminds me of a poem of jack kerouac's that he wrote about the pacific ocean during his travels.

too bad you couldnt make it a little farther south..maybe next time.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Tetra,

Last time I was in that neck of the woods I had a lot of similar experiences. My G-friend and I took the ferry from Port Angeles, WA to Victoria. We stayed there for a night then took another ferry to a tiny island between Vancouver and Victoria called Mayne. We rented a really cool tree-house that had all the ammenities. It was just like a studio apartment but was in a huge tree! Then we went to Vancouver for a couple of days and bought some weed on the street. We went into one of those "coffee shops" and smoked some just to say that we had done it. When we were leaving Canada, we didn't want to risk getting caught by the customs officers, so I gave a couple of joints that we had left over as well as almost a full 1/2 ga. of Canadian Club (open container) to a group of homeless guys who were sitting on the waterfront under a tree. I was king of the bums!!! I thought they were going to hoist me up onto their shoulders and carry me through the streets! All in all it was a great trip. If you are ever in SW Washington look me up, I'll give you some of the best dope the world has to offer!

-Breck

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

chrissy, for sure! you bet i will.

low-key,

awesome story man! you're a true blue aren't you? thanks for posting it. i will let you know forsure as well next time i am there.

cheers,

TS

• Smiles
    Smiles

Tetra,

Two questions about the psycholgical experience of your first apostate vacation...

Did you think about Jehovah at all when you saw all those beautiful creations of his?

Weren't you afraid that Jehovah sent that big brown she-bear to devour you... you 'disrespectful apostate' you?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Did you think about Jehovah at all when you saw all those beautiful creations of his?

HA HA! LOL, smiles!

i thought about how i used to think that god created it all via holy magic wand, and how it's all (the flora, fuana, geology, history, being, now, am) just so much more awe inspiring now. some times i would just sit there, and just be in the beauty, and tears would well up in my eyes, and a shudder would pass through me.

Weren't you afraid that Jehovah sent that big brown she-bear to devour you... you ;'disrespectful apostate' you?

he he. i did curse his prophet's bald head. jaracz that bastard.

but really though, i have more respect for that bear, and it's grand biological history on this planet, than i do jehovah and his foreskin collecting desert tribe.

cheers,

TS

• Smiles
    Smiles

Tetra,

LOL! Nice sense of humor. I am glad you had a nice time out there healing.

Cheers to you.

• Aaac
    Aaac

An independent vacation is a really good way to sort one's thoughts after leaving a cult. I did it myself a few years ago in France, while I was cycling along the river Loire. I spent a lot of time thinking. I also read and translated some life experiences of former JW's. Having a sport vacation was also a good thing to cheer me up. I lost some weight and gained some selfconfidense. I can recommend!

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

great post t.s. (I hated the t.s. character in Mallrats)

your subject title is very chuck klostermanish. ever read his books?

if you ever come out this way, southern erie and canadagua counties have great areas for camping....... or if you travel to toronto i'm only a couple hours and 2 speeding tickets away. my house is empty 'cept for me and the cats so it's an open house to anyone. you'd be a fun guest fer sher. cheers

• Pole
    Pole

Hey Tetrus Apostata. Good for ya.

If you ever plan to arrange an apostate excursion like that somewhere in Eastern Europe, let me know. I'm not sure about surfing in the Baltic (maybe - mini-surfing lol), but all the other attractions you mentioned and more are available here.

Pole

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

Aaac,

nice! that sounds like a great time too.

Cygnus,

thanks man! you know i'll look ya up.

Pole,

you too dude. don't dare come to western canada without letting me know. eastern europe? i can't think of anyone else i would ring.

TS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit