Will Bush change his view on global warming now

by ballistic 52 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

This is what they are discussing on BBC news 24 right now, in relation to the Katrina hurricane.

Their conclusion was quite negetive, I was just interested to see if anyone on here had any views?

• Moridin
    Moridin

Hell no...Bush is a greedy politician that cares nothing for the people he's supposed to be serving. He will never come to his senses especially on this subject.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

No because he's right! I'm very pro enviro but this global warming is just bull shiznit!

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Next thing you know, there's an earthquake in San Francisco and Bush would need to change his veiws on plate tetonics, another natural force that causes disasters.

• ballistic
    ballistic

LOL, ok... maybe I need to explain what global warming is and the effect it can have on the weather?

Do I sense some scepticism in the air?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

We didn't say it doesn't affect the air, we're saying that it may be a natural force.

• skyman
    skyman

No because a lot of scientest believe the suns high solar activity is the real reason. They might be right. There is very strong proof that this is actually the real reason we have gobal warming. The core samples taken for the artic points to this as the reasonable explanation the proof is almost errifutable. Scientist that believe the sun is responsible having the best proof. So Bush will stay the course and if he is wrong time will tell. What bothers me is why Bush does not concede because it is to imprtant of an issue to be wrong on. It does not matter if the Sun is the reason because it still make more sense to care for the earth we live on and if the Sun is not the reason Bush could be responsible for Billion dieing because of pride. So what if the Sun is the reason because if it is not the reason we do not have the luxury of waiting.

• roybatty
    roybatty

There's a drought here in northern Illinois and my lawn is turning brown. Dam you Bush, why didn't you do something to prevent this from happening???

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

My father remembers the year 1934 and so do a lot of people--one of the hottest years on record. There were dust storms throughout the midwest for lack of rain, and the whole country suffered from the intense heat. What caused the problem that year? How long have we been keeping records? How do we know that the weather is much different than, say, 1,000 years ago? Even if it is different, how do we know what the cycles of the earth are over thousands of years? I agree, however, we need to take care of the earth, but I don't think we need to panic.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

The whole global warming debate still can't be proven one way or another. The same scientific community that 25 or so years ago was warning everyone of a possible global COOLING trend is the one now telling us look out for warming. Yes, pollution is bad, especially in some cities, and I agree that something should be done about it. I am still skeptical about the global warming thing though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit