How do you imagine the world 10 years from now?

by JH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I think that 10 years from here, we still won't be in the JW new system.

I also think that gas will cost 4 times what we pay now.

Many more natural disasters will happen, like the tsunami and hurricane in New Orleans.

There will be a financial crash

Living conditions will be harder, less clean water, more pollution

A flu pandemic will occur

Gee, I'M talking like a JW

How do you see the world 10 years from now?

• Moridin
    Moridin

Ten years from now I would hope that we've begun using car engines that consume something other than oil products. Hopefully by then we'll actually have a president in office that is environmentally friendly. Probably just wishful thinking.

• Soledad
    Soledad

yeah, I hope we can develop and use other sources of fuel.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I imagine it will be pretty much the same, except the JWs will be moaning about how much worse men have become in the last ten years, how back in 2005 they couldn't imagine the system getting any worse but now in 2015 it is so much worse, proving that we are right at the time of the end.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Ten years from now, I will be deceased and the rest of civlisation will still be whinging about irrelevant crap. EVERY day above ground is a GOOD DAY.

• skyman
    skyman

Just me but if think a major flu is going to wipe out most poor nations. You might think I am crazy but it is knocking at your door right now and it is of major concern to the CDC (H5N1) virus is hitting now and there seems to be no stopping it. In China the Government has wiped total towns off the map the people are simply gone why because they deal with problem diferently there. It is going in to happen elsewhere through out the world and has the ablity to mutate rapidly kill more efficient as it goes. Most of the real young and old and all those living in poverty throughout the world will be at the great risk. The Vacinations don't work becuase it mutates to fast. We are all at risk some estimates are 30% of the world is going to die. Really this is real and it is now knocking at your door.

Avian Influenza (H5N1) Preparations

... flu affected 25% - 30% of the population with the number dead estimated at ... Oseltamivir is being used to treat avian influenza and is being used as a ...

Cached - Similar pages

Vigilance against the avian flu - Editorials/Op-Ed - The ...

If avian flu acts similarly, scientists estimate between 180 million and 360 million deaths worldwide, and close to 2 million in the United States. ...

Cached - Similar pages

Bird flu epidemic could kill as many as 750000 in Britain: estimate

Bird flu epidemic could kill as many as 750000 in Britain: estimate ... A quietly expressed number amongst scientific circles is 2million dead in britain ...

Cached - Similar pages
  • dedpoet
    dedpoet

I think that 10 years from here, we still won't be in the JW new system....... you are right there JH, there isn't going to be a new jw system. Personally, I would like to think that in 10 years there won't be a wt anymore, but that's probably wishful thinking on my part. Still, I can dream......

• ballistic
    ballistic

You will probably know someone who's taken a trip into space. We've already had the worlds first space tourist, and it is about to explode. Moon bases \ holidays are a lot longer away than you think, possibly 75 - 100 years.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Same as today

Good stuff happening, bad stuff happening

Falling in and out of love and hate

I'll be ten years older.....

• thom
    thom

I think there will be about 10,000,000 JW's. Still believing pretty much as they do now. Finding only the bad in the world and using it to prove they're near the end.
    More alternative fuel cars, but not all that many. Political climate and weather still similar to today.
    Faster internet access and an internet much more heavily monitored. Microsoft continuing to develop "features" in their OS to make it easy to track people and give up private information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit