JW says high gas price fulfills bible prophecy...the end is near

by DevonMcBride 22 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Here's a gem from a JW group on Myspace

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=5886853&adTopicID=27&categoryID=0&IsSticky=0&groupID=100229164&Mytoken=20050903180812

Okay so i know this doesn't directly effect me because i don't quite drive yet, but indirectly it does effect me. Paying 3 dollars and change for ONE GALLON of gas is insane. i remember when gas was like 98 cents a gallon. The reason for this post is not just to get all you guys super angry at the idiots that run our governtment today, but to just bring out something else in this.

Yesterday a sister in my hall brought out that this the fullfillment of a bible prophesy. Now, i feel awful for not knowing the scripture exactly, but somewhere in Daniel it says that in the end of days we are going to have to pay an entire days wages just to buy bread.
    With gases prices going up, everything will also be going up. Food is going to influxuate ridiculously because of the cost of transporting the food from here to there. The sister also told me that bread is going soar up in price in December.

i just wanted to share that with everybody. The end is sooo close. !

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    somewhere in Daniel it says that in the end of days we are going to have to pay an entire days wages just to buy bread.

I remember that verse but do not remember which one it is. If not mistaken, it wasn't a days wages but it came out to be in todays money as costing like $2 or maybe it was some other food but we did the math anyway. If it were in fact bread, that is what it cost already.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When someone has thier head up thier ass,the end is much closer than they think.....OUTLAW

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I believe she is referring to Revelation 13:19

And the last head of the beast with ten heads spoke in a booming voice, "In the fourth upon fourth month after two thousand and five times the lizard juice from the deep abyss shall swell up, once twice and thrice in price causing all of those with the mark of the beast to wail and moan as they gnashed their teeth in pain!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Nope else, that isn't the one I remember.

• La Capra
    La Capra
    influxuate

I try really hard not to make fun of people who make up words (when the words make sense), but come on, "influxuate?"

1) if this person meant "fluctuate" this means up AND down and up and down..., which is not just an increase or decrease, the point trying to be made, of course, is lost.

2) if this person meant something connected to the root prefix and root "influx" then the commentary really makes no logical sense as

Food is going to influxuate

would mean that there would be food flowing in (but the food will be ridiculous-like what...peanut butter tacos and chocolate cake with salmon puree icing?

It's a good thing the end is sooo close, I really can't stand this lack of critical thinking and literary skill.

Shoshana

• upside/down
    upside/down

The rest of the world has been paying double what we pay now for years...

So is their "end" coming sooner, than ours?

u/d(of the sky is always falling class)

• alias
    alias

"somewhere in Daniel it says that in the end of days we are going to have to pay an entire days wages just to buy bread."

Hasn't that already been happening in third-world countries since the beginning of time?

• desbah
    desbah

Now this is just the "talk" I would expect from the dubs...instead of trying problem solve they give into misguided beliefs. I hope they quit going door to door, it's a waste of gas.

It's time to set price controls on gas companies for the next 90 days. Hurricane Katerina is a wake up call for American ppl change our gas/oil dependency we have to switch over to a alternative forms of fuel and power.

• aniron
    aniron

Okay so i know this doesn't directly effect me because i don't quite drive yet, but indirectly it does effect me. Paying 3 dollars and change for ONE GALLON of gas is insane. i remember when gas was like 98 cents a gallon. The reason for this post is not just to get all you guys super angry at the idiots that run our government today, but to just bring out something else in this.

It makes me laugh the way you Americans moan about what you pay for petrol (gas). We here in Britain would LOVE to be able to pay $3 a gallon. At the moment an average gallon here is costing between $7 - $9 a gallon.

I think the scripture you are referring to is Revelation 6:5,6

5 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6 Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart [ of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

The WT also linked this scripture and ones from Daniel to the oil crisis in the 1970's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit