Whats happens to all the $$$$ when the WTS closes down

by jwfacts 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

As we speak the Governing Body is funneling millions of dollars to secret offshore accounts. They will probably build themselves a nice resort somewhere in the tropics. A special task force of hot, nubile pioneers are already prepared to relocate at a moments notice so they will be on hand to cater to every whim of these holy men from Brooklyn.

W

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The WTS will not experience a sudden major collapse... instead it will die a very low and quite death... slowly bled to death and then forgotten.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The long term goal is cash compensation for defrauded victims.

The short term goal is to give them a 'run for their money' and provide immediate education and support for victims.

Meanwhile,we can use their devices against them.How?I have compiled a demand order of elder deletions,i want the heads of the bastards who abused my family.

Their names are posted at my personal pages.

Get ready to squirm guys!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

FF

That sounds almost too good to be true. I think I may get born again and head for the land of the Governing Body.

• steve2
    steve2
    There are countless cults that just keep going on and on.

Agree with Mulan on this. Look at the Worldwide Church of God whose major publication was the extremely annoying The Plain Truth. When the leader (finally) died, the organisation did a sharp about-turn and "saw the light". Talk about convenient metamorphosis. The Watchtower, like the Mennonites and the Amish, is here to stay - although I'd be betting that it gradually metamorphises into something significantly different than it is today. Compare Jehovah's Witnesses in 2005 with those in 1965 - or, go back further, 1905 when they were known as Bible Students or Russelites. Even I notice a qualitative difference between the JWs I grew up with in the fifties and sixties with the wishy-washy breed I occasionally see shuffling along the streets today.

Cults and religions don't go away. People need them because people cannot tolerate ambiguity and have to know crazy things like, When's the world going to end?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I think that what has recently happened to the Church of God is similar to what happened in Rutherfords day. Rutherford did a large overthrow of everything that Russell preached. The Rutherfordites survived to become Jehovah's Witnesses.

It is quite possible that this can happened again to the WTS, but not as likely, now that leadership has been taken from one figurehead and given to a group of men of a F&D slave. By balancing each other out monumental large change may be more difficult. I hope for a gradual loosening of the rules of the cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit