Dubs Pimp Katrina

by Valis 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

APOSTATE CHARITY TRUMPS THE WATCHTOWER http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-10,GGLD:en&tab=wn&ie=UTF-8&q=Jehovah%27s+witnesses Click for next 48 hours as we develop Silent Lambs Jehovah's Witnesses Hurricane Katrina Relief
    Pressbox.co.uk (press release), UK - 1 hour ago
    Jehovah’s Witnesses at silentlambs.org wish to help in this regard, for the month of September half of all donations sent to silentlambs will be forwarded to ...
    Gonna Rub their nose in it!
    ---------------- Danny Haszard Bangor Maine J ehovah's Witnesses are the 'perfect storm' of deception-in a word they are the cult of Innuendo

• Honesty
    Honesty

Honesty (poster) is saying they are announcing not to mark your donations to be used for relief efforts, but to say it's for the
    worldwide work so the bros can 'use it at their own discretion'.
    "Pimping" indeed.

We should have an audio transcription of the WTBTS Service Deptartments directions for donating to the hurricane relief efforts posted on several websites, including here within a few days.
    Junction_Guy almost threw up when I let him hear the 'delightful words' from the WT pimps.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If we had the WT's idea of perfect weather, places like the everglades would turn into steaming, fetid, swamps. They need a good flush out now and again and it takes more than one hurricane in a season to do that.

Weather shapes our planet and makes into the wonderful place it is. Sometimes we have to put up with a bit of rough stuff. If you choose to live on a tropical atoll you will be in Paradise most of the time, but you do so on the understanding that every now and again you are going to have to tie yourself to a tree. If the islands had the WT's Paradisaical weather they would run out of fresh water and become uninhabitable. You can't have it both ways.

• patio34
    patio34

Well, after 9/11 they were out there "offering comfort from the Bible" instead of doing anything else. "Comfort from the Bible" translates into promoting their cult and finding new member.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Well, after 9/11 they were out there "offering comfort from the Bible" instead of doing anything else. "Comfort from the Bible" translates into promoting their cult and finding new member.

Of course!

Now, if someone had gone down to the site and offered words of comfort, like saying that God would see them through the tragedy, or that God was there to give them comfort and strength, etc, you could see how that might be acceptable to some.

But I had even heard instances where the JWs were down and Ground Zero in the early days following the disaster, and were "offering little books and tracts " telling about their religion. This made my blood boil!

They are like leeches and parasites!

• nilfun
    nilfun

Ok, I checked out the "JW-Aid" site and found this in the FAQ section:

Scam Alert: There are already emails, blogs and "news releases" directing people to donate at websites supposedly managed by Jehovah's Witnesses. Most of them are hostile to our cause and simply channel all or some of the funds to other relief organizations

-- So those evil sites out there are misleading the witnesses to send funds to "other relief organizations" -- and not pocketing the $$ themselves? How utterly bizarre a scam is that?

• Gozz
    Gozz

• Mark 4:39: "With that he [Jesus, empowered by God] roused himself and rebuked the wind and said to the sea: 'Hush! Be quiet!' And the wind abated, and a great calm set in."

So God's able to make these things happen. The last item didn't happen in the new world, it happened right here, yes? Sothe merciful God, abundant in loving kindness watched as frail old people and young children got ravaged from a storm that started in God's ocean?? I don't believe it!

• Jeannine
    Jeannine

JWs are now preaching at the Astrodome and calling their actions "aid for the victims". WTF !!!! If I was a victim who just went through pure HELL the past few days, the last thing I would want to do was listen to someone babble about the "end" being so "near". These victims are yearning for their lost families, friends, pets and LIVES. Do these JWs really think that they are helping by telling these people, "Don't worry, the rest of the world is about to be ruined too. Your personal world isn't the only one doomed". I mean, come on !!! As a religious org. the JWs should be concerned with providing food, water, and shelter for these folks. Period. The JW ought to learn a lesson from the Salvation Army. The Salvation Army is a religious group that SHUTS UP while indiscriminately handing out food and water to victims of natural disasters. I could not tell you what the Salvation Army's religious doctrines claim, but I always give financial support to them because they are the BEST in the worst of circumstances.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit