Watchtower PR Statement 8-7-01

by silentlambs 63 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Tina
    Tina

robdar,
    Many individuals are working towards making changes regarding this heinous criminal policy the WTS has.
    You really don't seem to understand the many facets of helping in this arena.
    Individuals who post here do great work at diseminating information,and sharing it with others.

Sharing experiences and life events here also validates others experiences and gives support and encouragement. There are some who have only this board to come too. Their family and friends would turn them in in a New York minute if they asked questions. So there is safety here.

Many are in different stages of cult recovery and find strength here.
    It's not at all indulgent to be able to open up and speak freely, something many were unable to do before.
    So your blanket condemnation is faulty and specious at best.
    Stick around,you just might learn a thing or two yourself.Tina

• Robdar
    Robdar

Dear Tina:
    Thank you for your response. You stated:

"So your blanket condemnation is faulty and specious at best."

I do not understand how you can think my comments a blanket condemnation.

I simply stated that if any body knew of criminal acts or misdemeanors committed by an elder and did nothing about it then they were guilty also.

That is not a blanket condemnation. It concerns only those who did nothing. It does not refer to the many good people out there who are making a difference. Thank God for these kind, compassionate ones.

If you are not one of those people who had knowledge of wrong-doing, then you are not a target of my malevolence nor should you be concerned by it.

Perhaps you should read my comments again before you condemn them.

You also went on to say:

"Stick around, you just might learn a thing or two yourself"

Exactly what is that supposed to imply? That I know nothing about the valiant effort of some to reduce the damage of an organization gone mad? Are you so special that you have some sort of secret knowledge or information that isn't available to everybody else on this web-site?

Get over yourself.

"Ha'Shem hu ha'Elokim"
    Robdar

• Robdar
    Robdar

Dear Waiting,
    Again, thank you for your posts. Your therapist is correct. Anger is a great motivator if it motivates you. If it doesn't...

I am pleased that there were others out there who, while in the congregation, tried to run damage control. Your good works are a credit to your faith.

And yet there are others who now have a guilty mind for not stepping forward at an earlier time. My remarks are aimed at them not you.

So many on this post, due to their unresolved anger at the WTBTS, are willing to vilify those still in the organization and this concerns me. It seems that nobody is willing to admit that there are others still in the congregations that are good people. Obviously there are good people--even elders that are still in the fold. We are and we were good people. Even when we were still attending the KH and knocking on doors every Saturday.

In resonse to your second posting: "When we were in the Organization, what did we have to fear?"

Oh let's see, Armageddon, maybe? How about being d/f? Being spied upon and considered bad association for going to our senior proms? I could go on all night. You were being rhetorical, maybe?

Again, thank you for your posts. Your easy demeanor does seem to help me get off my high horse.

"Ha'Shem hu ha'Elokim"
    Robdar

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

From the OP: "If an accusation of child molestation is made against a member of the congregation, the elders immediately work to assure the safety of the victim."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit