Pedophilia, slander, the process, culpability

by Marvin Shilmer 31 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

Good job, MadApostate! As I'd hoped, you've completely discredited yourself.

AlanF

• blondie
    blondie

I'm no legal expert...

That's why we hire lawyers...

The ones hired by the Berry daughters sound very competent...

The important point in all of this for me is not getting the WTS (and I don't think it is for anyone else here).

I realize that the WTS is not the only organization, religious or otherwise, that has covered up and is continuing to cover up child molestation in their ranks. The fact is that child molesters are found equally across all racial, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, etc.

The reason the WTS is focused on here is 1) their claim to be directed by God's holy spirit, 2) their strong criticism of other religious groups handling of molestation in their ranks, and most importantly 3) we or those close to us have been hurt deeply by this lack of action on the WTS part.

The real concern is the safety of children and helping adults that were not given the proper support in the past. More children have been hurt than any adult "illegally" charged with molesting. No elders are qualified to question children about being molested. Law enforcement people, courts, and social services have learned that children are not little adults and need to be handled differently when it comes to giving information.

Imagine, you are a child dependent on your father for everything, being asked to give details about an embarrassing and confusing situation. Many children don't even have the vocabulary to explain what happened. Now imagine 2 to 3 men talking to you in a small room. Based on how sisters could be questioned about being raped, imagine a child being put throught the same questioning. Imagine your mother and another adult not being able to be with you during this.

The facts are this is happening throughout the world...even in the WTS. What are we going to put our energies into....convincing the unconvinceable. Being a survivor myself, I have helped and protected family members. I reach out to those hurt that I know in the WTS.

The bottom line is what will motivate the WTS. It seems that only something that is self-serving in their situation. There is a phrase in the history books, "My country, right or wrong!" I hope it won't be edited to become "The WTS, right or wrong!"

Blondie

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Blondie,

"The WTS, right or wrong!"

I think it's been that way for some time with a lot of jw's.

"Well, they're just imperfect men - but it's still God's Organization."

"As for me, I'm remaining faithful to Jehovah's Organization."

"Wait on Jehovah."

They all mean basically the same thing:

"The WTS, right or wrong!"

And we really condemned people during VietNam years for saying "My country, right or wrong." Unthinking people who said that! They needed to look carefully at what they were choosing for right or wrong - we haughtily thought.

Now jw's are playing the same ol' song.

waiting

• blondie
    blondie

Waiting, I know that many share this idea in the WTS...it's more a self-serving one...they don't want to get involved; they don't want to sacrifice any of their time dealing with a distasteful, emotionally draining event...it's "The Emperor New Clothes" syndrome. So the WTS can stick their head in the sand...

I really admire Brother Bowen and his wife for taking such a stand...

• Grunt
    Grunt

Thanks for all the great posts. I really appreciate the breakdown into language I can understand of just what the WT situation is in regards to their culpability through the elders as agents of the WTS. I have to admit to picturing large black fins cutting through the water with gaping jaws ready to rip the financial limbs from this cult. Money has always been a big part of what they were about. It is only fitting that the money they have made off their free slave labor working under vows of poverty, should be spread among another group of similar morals who have to pay their help, the Lawyers of America. Funny that I should see them as heroes for a change, especially in a child molestation case or cases.

By the way, in an exchange with another supposed JW, he referred to me as an "anti-JW" and now this guy says:

"And some bigshot corporate computer geek like yourself has lots of money, and could afford to help out a fellow "anti-JW" who has fell on hard times."

Now personally, while I view the title of apostate as in error given the facts of the WT history and views, still, I know what the badge means to the average Witness, instilling horror laced with fear, and I wear it with pride. They should fear anyone who knows the facts on their cult, what they have done to so many innocent people is horrible and I like to give back a little. So, what is this "Anti-JW" thing, just a recent title given on the spur of the moment or is it spun from the web in Brooklyn? It fits, I don't mind wearing it, as long as it also has the same connotations of DEMONIZATION in the minds of the cult-associated that "APOSTATE" has.

• Maximus
    Maximus

Remember, the organization might be able to afford financially
    a loss here and there.

What it cannot afford to lose is its

I N C O M E

from the U.S. public who "donates"--the prime source

I'm glad you see what is at stake. The battle is on.
    The Society must change its insane policy completely,
    whether willingly or kicking and screaming. The choice is theirs.

Maximus

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

It's funny when most of their changes come when they are staring down the barrel of a gun. And yet I think most CO's, DO's and your average Bethelite still think that these changes have come down the pipeline from God as changes made "at the proper time".

"isn't it wonderful?... you can see clearly how Jehovah is leading the 'Slave Class' today"

Path

• Maximus
    Maximus

Time Zone bump!

• Anchor
    Anchor

I hope any lurking elders and traveling men read this very carefully. Bringing to the top.

-A

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Maximus,

This is a fine point - and when looked at like a car manufacturer such as Ford and Chevrolet - not that hard to understand.

Remember, the organization might be able to afford financially
    a loss here and there.
    What it cannot afford to lose is its

I N C O M E

from the U.S. public who "donates"--the prime source

Ford has been battling "seatbelt" lawsuits for years now. In some accidents - the seatbelt snaps open upon impact. The hard thing to prove is that the seatbelt was properly belted before the accident. Hard to have witnesses when they're dead.

A lawyer I know had one of these cases, four lawyers were actually assigned to it. There are so many of these cases, that the pertinent information, past cases, etc., are now on CD. Before that, lawyers flew to each others office to discuss the cases as they were all similar.

Ford, by design, maintains one of the meanest, nastiest, underhanded law firms in the USA. And they let it be known. They sent this lawyer all documents - just boxes and boxes and boxes. When all was catagorized, documented, stapled, dated, timelined, etc. - they found one "interesting" piece of paper. Made the case........Ford settled this one with appropriate "secret amount" in place.

But Ford continues to fight these suits one by one, their product has killed people, and they knew it before release to the public. Some cases are won, some are lost.

Ford is still one of the top manufacturers and still makes money.

Ford and the WTBTS are probably quite a bit alike. To the public - they present a good product. In the Courts, they'll fight like beasts to lose as little as possible when somebody get hurts/killed by their product and/or guidelines.

Major corporations - nothing more or less. At least Ford's honest about it.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit