It's cool to live near a church

by Cygnus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I don't go to church, but right now they're playing God Bless America and I can hear it and it's just cool. I like seeing the parisioners walking in and out when I drive by and seeing them fire up the huge grill on Saturdays for cookouts. Just something I wanted to share this morning.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I guess it depends on what church and who you are, I know a couple of exJWs, they got disfellowshipped a couple of months ago and they live 3 doors up from the Kingdom Hall, now thats not cool.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

My wife used to live by a church. It was the most god-awful experience ever. A bunch of em parked in front of her house. I watched as a guy ran into my truck. I got him back though. Since my truck is a junker anyway, I made sure I slammed into him before I left.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I love to hear the bells of a church ringing. There is just something about that sound I like.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    My wife used to live by a church. It was the most god-awful experience ever. A bunch of em parked in front of her house. I watched as a guy ran into my truck. I got him back though. Since my truck is a junker anyway, I made sure I slammed into him before I left.

It's the new Platinum Rule - "Do Unto Others as they already Did Unto You" LOL!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Theres a church near my house and outside there is a really nice sign that says-

Come in to sit and pray,

or just come in to sit.

I think thats nice.

• Princess
    Princess

Living by a church sucks.

They park in front of my house and walk across my yard.

They solicit my kids to attend their stupid bible camps.

They are loud on Tuesday nights when they have teen groups.

They are louder on Wednesday when they have Awana.

Sunday mornings (summer) the organist arrives around 7am to practice with the doors open.

Sundays in summer means they leave the doors open so we have to listen to their crappy music all day.

People use the parking lot at all hours of the night.

They sit in their cars honking horns for family members to hurry up.

Monday mornings the truck arrives to empty their dumpster. They apparently have sticky garbage because the truck bangs the dumpster about four times to get it empty. This happens between 6-8am.

They don't have bells. They are rude and self righteous.

They treat us like we are devil's spawn.

Little Toe has been there. You tell them the rest.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I guess it depends on the church. The church i live near has a congregation of geriatrics. They have church bells but i quite like that...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

May I point out that the 400+ Bethelites in the Australia Branch live next door to a historical church - I don't think they think it's too 'cool'!

• blondie
    blondie
    Living by a church sucks.

They park in front of my house and walk across my yard.

They solicit my kids to attend their stupid bible camps.

They are loud on Tuesday nights when they have teen groups.

They are louder on Wednesday when they have Awana.

Sunday mornings (summer) the organist arrives around 7am to practice with the doors open.

Sundays in summer means they leave the doors open so we have to listen to their crappy music all day.

People use the parking lot at all hours of the night.

They sit in their cars honking horns for family members to hurry up.

Monday mornings the truck arrives to empty their dumpster. They apparently have sticky garbage because the truck bangs the dumpster about four times to get it empty. This happens between 6-8am.

They don't have bells. They are rude and self righteous.

They treat us like we are devil's spawn.

Little Toe has been there. You tell them the rest.

What does the rest of the neighborhood think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit