One gay mans opinion

by jonjonsimons 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

Peace and love to everyone,

The purpose of this post is not..let me repeat NOT to start a flame war, so as my mother use to tell me, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. OK so it doesn't have to be nice but please try and keep it civil. First let me state that I in no way claim to represent all gay people. That would be may too much of a burden and frankly I'd suck at it. What I am posting is my personal opinion, nothing more.....nothing less. You are free to agree or disagree, no judgements will be made on my part.
    OK here goes:

I'd like to state once and for all that I DO NOT CARE whether anyone on this board or anywhere else approves of my sexual orientation. It is mine and my partners life and not yours. Nothing that happens in my life has ANY affect on you, so please don't act as if it does. I have noticed many posts regarding homosexuality on this board and I just wanted to make that clear. It seems some of you just can't grasp the fact that I DON'T CARE.

I love my husband. Some on this board will understand that
    fully. Others will be troubled by it. And yet some others will be disgusted by it. Whichever category you fit into, have at it.

I am tired of reading posts that flame me and other members of the gay community simply because we are gay. If you wish to attack me, please find a valid reason. Why waste your time and energy posting messages of hate that most (notice please that I said MOST) gay people don't care about.

I realize some here won't believe this, but it is true. THERE IS NO GAY "AGENDA". Do me a favor and ask a gay person that you know, if they know what the "gay agenda" is. They will probably tell you some or all of the following.

1. Gay people want to be guaranteed the right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
    2. Gay people want the right to live in a neighborhood where they won't have to fear for their safety.
    3. Gay people want the right to love and to marry whomever they choose.

4. Gay people want the right to earn a decent living and to not be subjected to harassment in the workplace because of who they are.

5. Gay people want to have the same rights as everyone else when it comes to housing, adoption, marriage, and healthcare. Gay couples want to be entitled to the same tax deductions as married heterosexual couples. Gay couples want the same survivorship rights that are enjoyed by married heterosexual couples. Gay people want the same rights to adopt and love unwanted children as married heterosexual couples. Gay couples want the same rights to make healthcare decision for their mates as married heterosexual couples. Gay people simply want the same rights that are enjoyed by all other people. Notice there are no "special rights" in the list above. ((And believe me if I was pushing for special rights, on the top of my list would be to have a houseboy that looks like Joelbear))

So for those of you out there, and you know who you are, that insist on posting hate mail on this board let me say once again that I DON'T CARE. It does not bother me that you don't agree with me. It does not bother me that you may hate me. The only time I have responded to those types of posts in the past was when I felt someone was being overtly nasty, and I will continue to do so. But just so you know, there is nothing you can say that will change the fact that in all reality, I DON'T CARE.

Peace to all,
    jjs (reformed heterosexual and ex-jehovahs witness)

Opinions are like a**holes. We've all got one and most of them stink.

• gsark
    gsark

Thanks, jonjonsimons and peace and love to you and yours as well.

Life is a roller coaster. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

• COMF
    COMF

Are you sure you have the right board? I thought we were remarkably supportive of homosexuals here. Maybe I haven't been reading the right threads. With the exception of Yadirf, You Know and maybe a couple of others, who's been flaming gays? And you can't take those guys seriously, they're just here for comic relief.

COMF

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

COMF,
    You are correct that most on this board are very supportive of gays. I won't mention the names of those that aren't but the ones that you mentioned are correct. I just wanted to let them know that I don't take them seriously, plus I figured I'd try and give them some correct information instead of the bs they've been subjected to.
    Peace,
    jjs

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

Here be my thoughts on the subject. I don't think homosexuality is moral, according to the bible. however, i really don't believe in the Bible. I don't think sexual preference changes the type of person you are, your personality, or anything else. The only thing it changes is your sexual preference. As long as gay people aren't hitting on me, i have no problem hanging out with them, and i think most gay people ( here comes a big stereotype ) are extremely nice. And if they are hitting on me, that'd just be uncomfortable, but otherwise, who gives a flying horses ass what anybody's sexual preference. Let's start caring instead about what kind of poeple they are on the inside. wOot!

"No cool quote yet. but i'll think of one soon."

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

jonjonsimons

:Peace and love to everyone,

In your face!

Like I said in the other thread: What are YOU even doing here on this board. This is a board clearly advertised as being for JWs and their brothers and sisters. JW's do NOT approve homosexuals, nor do they want your company. So git!

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

Yadirf,

I must say you are the most Christian person I have ever met. If you choose not to accept my greeting of peace and love to you then all you need do is say, no thanks.

Take care,
    jjs

Opinions are like a**holes. We've all got one and most of them stink.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

jonjonsimons

:If you choose not to accept my greeting of peace and love to you then all you need do is say, no thanks.

So you'd like for me to be nice to you, eh? Fat chance!

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

Yadirf,
    Actually I don't expect anything from you.
    Peace,
    jjs

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

<cough>omo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit