Compassion For Those Who Remain Silent

by Kismet 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

(((waiting backatcha, I'm touched! I know how hard it is to even wanna touch someone 'cyberlly"(is there such a word??)
    I really like you waiting ALways have. I think what happens(for me) anyway,is that since it is sensitive like you mentioned,what occurs is simply an old protective mechanism kicking in-nothing more. When I least expect it,those old coping mechanisms pop up(do we ever really lose them?) You're story touched me so deeply. I hope I can improve my friendship with you. I think you're tops!! A truly awesome lady in my books! With much admiration,respect and love.Tina
    who is holding out an armful of olive branches and apologies for anything I did in the past.:> (hurry up,take em,they itch) wink

• waiting
    waiting

Well, dayum woman!

I'm impressed - truly. Accepting peace between us - and guessing it means till next time we get prickly.

When I appeared before the draft board examiner during World War II, he asked me if I thought I could kill. "I don't know about strangers," I replied, "but friends, certainly." Oscar Levant

Written in pure humor.

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

Hope Lauralisa sees this post?

There was one concise, salient post a while ago; the person asked how they could actually help someone who had been a survivor of sexual abuse? There were no responses to the question.

The only thread I'm aware of where this question came up was about a week ago. A woman said she was sure that a jw was sexually abusing his daughter - and that it had happened about 25 yrs. ago. The woman had a history of mental/emotional problems. She asked if anyone had suggestions on how to offer help/support to this woman.

Several responded about different things, making neighborhood posters to expose the man, etc. I responded as a victim/survivor and what I appreciated/did not like/needed from other people. She didn't respond to me - and the thread continued on how to make posters making people aware of child abusers (even if non-proven) in their neighborhoods.

If there was another thread - I missed it. Just because a person asks a question, doesn't mean they're going to respond if someone answers them.

I must have missed LauraLisa's response also.

waiting

• Tina
    Tina

Evening waiting :>
    I missed it as well. And I have and do see helpful thoughts on this issue. I mean hasn't one of sl's purposes been to expose this and visiting his w/s one can find suggestions for help? One board just can't provide everything for everybody. We're very fortunate that we have people on this board who do put work and effort into other websites to help on this issue. Randy has info on his, et al.
    hey Girl! Are ya survivin this heat-I am whipped ,whew. hugs,Tina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit