That Voice...My Story

by Confession 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Just keeping this active. I've been a member since 2001 and do not remember reading your account before. I have always had a problem with the society's confession process. For the sisters, to me it was like being raped going before a judicial committee. So many good points that you brought out, I will now have some ammo should my mother-in-law ever speak to me again.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

great story. thank you for sharing it.

• dinah
    dinah

Great story, it had my attention from the first sentence.

• Confession
    Confession

Hey, OM... Thanks for the Kudos. My daughter is doing very well, thanks. I'd have to say that the letter you mentioned really began to open up our relationship considerably.

Here's the link to it, for anyone who feels like a good, strong cry. :o) http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/18/140161/1.ashx

She's still in student housing at ASU. She'd been working at Starbucks for some time, but recently took a job as a teller at Wells-Fargo--just part time while she takes all her classes. She's a Political Science major, and is very involved in her Mock Trial team at ASU. She intends to go to law school after college, and become an attorney.

I'm glad a few more of you got to read my story. It really has been a fascinating experience, hasn't it? That's my word for it: fascinating. Born into a kind of a bubble where, in the end, very little was real...then finally figuring it out. Others out here can't really understand it. I'm glad to have all of you.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Confession, just finished reading your story. I had been recommended to do so by Aude Sapere, and when it popped up the this morning, voila!

Good use of reasoning on the "confession" while an elder. Congratulations on your experience and freedom for the rest of your life!

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

LoB high fives Confession!

Awesome story and well written, looking forward to more of your posts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit