Called the information desk again about the UN

by skyman 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Es
    Es

wonder if they usually sign papers without reading them and whats involved es

• mustang
    mustang

"wonder if they usually sign papers without reading them and whats involved es"

Not only NO, but "Hell NO"!!!

Remember, this is the most legalistic bunch of religion-mongers that you can find. It’s OK for YOU to sign papers, "sign the Articles" or join up/get Baptized without reading the fine print, but Brooklyn won’t do that in this 1000 years or the next!!! Count on it!!!

Mustang

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I've been talking with my mom for years about the UN. She finally asked an elder. He told her that yes they joined in 1989 (I thought it was 1992) and only as a NGO. See, non-government, so it's was ok. They were tricked and deceived into joining. It was only years later did they realize what was involved. She said, ten years is better than twenty. For years she called me a liar over this, and I'm still a liar because it's NGO, not a real part of the UN.

Excuse me while I smack my head on the wall.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I've been talking with my mom for years about the UN. She finally asked an elder. He told her that yes they joined in 1989 (I thought it was 1992) and only as a NGO. See, non-government, so it's was ok. They were tricked and deceived into joining. It was only years later did they realize what was involved. She said, ten years is better than twenty. For years she called me a liar over this, and I'm still a liar because it's NGO, not a real part of the UN.

Excuse me while I smack my head on the wall.

Just ask her why the WTS condemns other churches for doing the exact same thing. I recall a WT article where they rail on other churches for affiliating themselves with the UN, and the only way a church can "affiliate" itself with the UN is as an NGO.

The NGO agreement also requires the member to send in annual financial reports and provide samples of literature where they "support the ideals of the UN". They obviously fulfilled these obligations for 10 years; otherwise the UN would have rejected them.

It is impossible for the WTS to have been "tricked and deceived"... they were fulfilling their obligations as spelled out in the paperwork.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    Just ask her why the WTS condemns other churches for doing the exact same thing. ; I recall a WT article where they rail on other churches for affiliating themselves with the UN, and the only way a church can "affiliate" itself with the UN is as an NGO.

I need to find that article. I have a lot of the publications, so I am going to start digging.

It is impossible for the WTS to have been "tricked and deceived"... they were fulfilling their obligations as spelled out in the paperwork

I understand, but she wont.

• Bagira
    Bagira

If you check this link out, it is obvious, why they wanted to be associated with the UN:

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/brochure.htm

"The programme of the NGO Section include weekly NGO Briefings, the annual
    DPI/NGO Conference, Communications Workshops, an Annual Orientation
    Programme, as well as the NGO association and evaluation processes,
    maintenance of the NGO Resource Centre, monthly mailings, a DPI/NGO
    Directory and web site."

"It also offers opportunities for views and ideas from these sectors to be
    considered by the United Nations."'

According to my interpretation the society simply wanted to influence the policy-makers of the UN.

Have a nice day

Bagira

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

MomofMany ....

You need to find the article???? Well a few of us did a lot of reseach on this. Mad Apostate and me did the following threads.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/27169/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/21916/1.ashx

The article is found in the Watchtower magazine of June 1, 1991 pages 15-20 Their Refuge-A Lie!

The threads also provides information on another article that is found in the Watchtower magazine Dec 1, 1976, page 711 article -"Can an Image Bring Peace and Security".

We also provide you links to the scanned original Muller essay that brings the whole 1991 article into context.

You might also want to link to Hooberus' thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/55894/1.ashx on the library card defence.

You might also want to click here http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/un.htm . Besides my essay you have links to the various scanned documents.

Take care,

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

BTW, the Muller document ... that is just as important for context is called ...

"New Genesis, Shaping a Global Spirituality" (ISBN # 1-680465-04-3), Garden City, New York, Doubleday, Image Books, 1982, 1984. The Muller article ("Prayer And Meditation At The United Nations") is found in Part 1, Chapter 6, pages 45 to 49 of the Book.

Take care and hope it helps,

hawk

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

According to the Society's own literature, Eve was deceived, but according to them, her and Adam will not receive a ressurection. How can they (JWs) say that they were "tricked" and expect to carry on, but condemn Eve for what she had done?

KT

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Lessee, ex-elders of the forum help me here.

(1) Failure to recognize gross error in the act itself.

(2) Failure to apologize to those adversely affected, thus failing to right the wrong to the extent reasonably possible.

(3) Minimization of the wrong when directly questioned about it.

What would the decision in your old body have been?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit