What would you do?

by lola28 24 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Let me relate a story. Years ago I worked for a man who owned a business and he was a straight shooter. We had a difficult customer who I tried to deal with and finally washed my hands of her. He called me to his office and said "Confusedjw, do me a favor and drive out to her house and do what you can to resolve this, one more time. Then come see me when you get back." I did and then came to his office. He called the lady with me there. Thanked her for the previous business and then requested that the woman choose his competitors in the future.

He looked at me and said "I don't need every customer."

• Carmel
    Carmel

Do a background check on the bumb!

carmel

• lola28
    lola28

JDoe, because of the nature of the bizz. we are in I am not sure if I am allowed to completley sever the ties with this moron, in the morning I will call the department of inusrance to find out if I can do so.Also I have never raised my voice at him or been rude or unprofessional in any way.

Elsewhere great suggestion but ***I would never do such thing****.

ConfusedJW, this is what we tried to do by refusing to do the change on his policy for free, however the companys underwrititer budged and now we have to deal with him. The problem goes beyond him being a jerk, for example the day he came in my sister was with me and after he left she said "Lola he is mean and looks like he is crazy" she is only 12 and she could tell that something was not "right" with this person.I honestly believe that he could become violent. You are right our buisness is growing and we don't need or want this kind of person as a client. I think that in the future I'm just going to tell him to make any payments or endorsements with the company and let them deal with him.

ConfusedJW do you like King Of the Hill? I've been watching since it began when I was in the fourth grade.

lola

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Yes I do like King of the Hill. I love how Hank is always by the book and "doing the right thing" and so honored to sell Propane and Propane Accessories! Dale is so funny "John Redcorn I know that you are upset a little scared..."

I also love Simpsons, Family Guy and Futurama.

About your customer, you might want to call the local sheriff and just ask for advice. They will be helpful. Just explain exactly what has happened and that the guy scares you. If you get a maile ask the fellow you talk to what he would do if it was his wife. Don't worry about further provoking the guy if it comes to telling him you have called the sheriff, bullies tend to go away when challenged. In my town the local cops are likely to just go have a chat with the fellow and let him know that they aren't taking sides, but for him to think about how his actions might scare someone. Like Carmen said - do some background on the guy.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Lola, can or will the insurance company transfer him to another agency? Say with a couple of beefy guy agents? That might be one legal way to get rid of him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit