JW's and education

by sinis 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sinis
    sinis

The sad thing is that the WTS seems to push that one day you will wake up and the world will be ablaze. If if, when, the big A comes in my life I am sure that you will be able to see strange things in the world that indicate a storm on the horizon. I also don't feel jehovah judges on works or in other words whether I go to meetings and fieldservice. I thought the new covenant destroyed the jewish system of works. The new covenant is based on faith. I don't understand there whole education thing as it can actually help a person reason critically on bible passages and assist in helping a person do research (instead of relying on someone else to do it for you). Then and only then can a person convince themselves. To me it just is not practicle. Luke, Matthew, Paul, etc. were all educated men and I am quite sure they continued to practice there trades, which took schooling. The key is that they were balanced, school/job and preaching. The WTS almost insists that a person cannot be balanced, which I think is a great fallacy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit