"Some Things To Bear In Mind Regarding Apostates"

by Hellrider 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Honesty
    Honesty

They will rarely - if ever - discuss doctrine. They tend to focus on the areas of personal attack, or attack 'controversial' topics. Very often, I suspect, these are areas in which the site's author has particular difficulty. For instance, it may be that they do not like preaching from house-to-house, so efforts are made to try to show that such a practice is unnecessary - or even unscriptural. Perhaps they have been disfellowshipped; then they try to show that this scriptural practice is somehow wrong. The most common areas seem to be:
    • Disfellowshipping
    • Blood transfusion
    • The authority of the Watch Tower Society
    • Child abuse issues
    • Are Jehovah's Witnesses prophets?

Yet, while they are trying to focus attention on these matters, they ignore the fact that the beliefs of Jehovah's witnesses are based on the Bible. While they attempt to focus your mind on these subject, please bear in mind the following:

Duh, this is all doctrine

• Where did you learn the truth from the Bible? From the churches? Yes. After I left the cult
    • Where do you see genuine love in action? In the churches
    • Where do you see the Bible's moral standards being enforced? Would you care to read the By-Laws of my church to see for yourself?

Typical JW unthinking.

• itsallgoodnow
  • sandy
    sandy

I got a email reply from the webmaster of the site.

Why were my comments removed? I had a legitimate question that nobody bothered to comment on. I was told Jehovah's Witnesses will answer any bible question one has. Is this not true.

Do you people fear the unknown?

His/Her response:

First of all , please accept my apologies for removal of your question from "strictly genteel" website. There were other posts which merited removal and yours was inadvertently included. The guestbook, I regret, will have to be removed from the site altogether.

As for answering your question, it is beyond the scope of the website to start answering questions from visitors, however meritorious the question may be. Jehovah's Witnesses make no claim to be able to answer every question. They will, howver, try to find answers to sincere questions. I would suggest you ask the question of the next witness who calls on your door. We do not fear to answer questions sincerely asked. We do, however, prefer to answer on a one-to-one personal basis. Alternatively, you could visit www.watchtower.org.

The website's purpose is to provide older publications for those who do not have access to them, and that has to remain its sole purpose.

Thank you for visiting the site, and I sincerely hope to find satisfying answers to your Bible questions.

• undercover
    undercover
    The guestbook, I regret, will have to be removed from the site altogether.

edit: Why does he regret removing the guest book? It's his site. He can have a guest book if he wants. Is someone making him remove it? He would say "no" but the answer is really "yes"...the WTS through their brainwashing have influenced him to go against his own personal wishes to have a guest book to instead bend to their will and not have a means for anyone who may or may not agree with him/them with which to make that opinion known. Coward.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit