30 and Out?

by Black Man 49 Replies latest jw friends

• apostate
    apostate

I was 31 when I became inactive. I couldn't believe a number of teachings anymore and quetly faded away. The Internet opened up my eyes.

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

33 for me.

30 was a hard thing and it woke me up to the fact that life was flying by fast. You start evaluating things and start making changes to have a better life. Some people leave abusive relationships, have affairs, change careers, whatever. I got some self esteem and decided to find out the truth about the religion I never felt right about all these years. I'm not wasting any more time, except my daily fix on this bulletin board.

"Too much of a good thing, is wonderful."

Mae West

• peterstride
    peterstride

Wow...I was 31 when I read Ray Franz's books. Something about reaching 30 and examining your life!

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

hmmmmm....I became inactive at 23, re-enlisted (what was I thinking?) for another stint at 28, then got df'd at 33. No turning back this time.

Boozy

• Prisca
    Prisca

I'm a member of the 30-and-I'm-Out Club.

Started having doubts long before, doubts that I squashed down deep inside me for many years. Finally I couldn't stomach the whole WTS thing any longer, and was 30yo when I last attended a meeting.

• trevor
    trevor

Black man

I thought I was reading my own life history for a moment!
    We have lived parallel lives.

Thirty does seem to be the age when most people leap from 'The Tower.'

Randy

It was brave of you to be so honest and share your cherry popping age with us. I was 26 and made up for lost time.

Trevor

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I was DFed when I was 19, but it's just been within the last couple of months that I really feel liberated from the Tower. Surprise - today I turn 30!

Billygoat

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Well, I'm in my early forties and left when I was a teenager after a brief involvement. But in a couple of years, I will celebrate THIRTY YEARS of freedom from being a WTBTS slave.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Let me see... '93... I was 28.

From the xJW's I've met IRL, accidentally, I would say there are two groups.

There are the 'never really weres', who left as a teenager (or, like Patti Smith, at the ripe old age of twelve) and were probably never baptised.

Some of these have just stuck it on a shelf and are still affected by it, even if they don't know. Others have de-programmed or un-affected by the experience.

If you don't bust out then, then tendancy is to be stuck in a rut until you have to say, "Ugh! if I had birthdays the big 30 would be coming up", and realise that you can't live life like that, either on gut feeling (and then, after a few years, find out what a load of shit it was), or re-examine whilst still in, before finding the faults and shifting out.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

This is quite an interesting thread for us old farmers.

It seems as tho' you guys had your mid-life crisis early at 30!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"You can know the law by heart, without knowing the heart of it"
    Philip Yancey, What's So Amazing About Grace?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit