Jehovah’s mother chose death before baby

by trevor 59 Replies latest watchtower medical

• thom
    thom

I'm glad the doctor got his way in your case, jeanniebeanz.
    When I was a JW I had pretty much decided that I couldn't see how they prohibit blood transfusions from the scriptures and if my daughter, my wife or I needed blood, we'd have it. My biggest concern was how to keep the damn elders out of the hospital and out of our business.
    My daughter NEVER had one of those cards (can't remember what they're called), and I never carried a Medical Directive.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

What absolute insanity. Yes, the WTBTS is blood-guilty.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

How sad!

This jumped out at me too:

Mrs Christoph died of massive blood loss 13 hours after giving birth to a healthy son, leaving the little boy and a 3 year old daughter to be brought up by her sister in law.

So what's wrong with the father? He was there when she was dying, and nodding in agreement with her decision to refuse blood. Why do the children have to be brought up by her sister-in-law? Has he already decided to abandon his responsibilities as a father? Will the children lose both parents now?

Then again, maybe he will use this opportunity™ to expand his ministry™ by pioneering™. Is this how "Jehovah provides"?

W

• thom
    thom

I was thinking the same thing, Finally-Free.
    He was right there supporting his wife to help her avoid living. I doubt the author assumed the sister-in-law would raise the baby, it must have been something that was said.
    My father and his wife raised my brother's son. It really pissed me off that alot of people assumed it was MY son. No, if he was my son I'd be raising him, just like I'm raising my daughter and I'm a single father. I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Daunt
    Daunt

This just makes me angry at all the JW's that talked about how Jehovah helped them through their struggles (My dad had a minor infection and he hasn't shut up about Jehovah helping him yet) and yet This same jehovah didn't feel the need to help this woman care for her newly born son. What total nonesense.

• aniron
    aniron

I'm angry and sad after reading that.

I'm at a loss for words to describe how I feel.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

It's not the Bible that speaks of blood transfusions. They weren't even invented when the Bible was written. It's what the Watchtower Society says the Bible says. How come everyone else who reads the Bible doesn't come up with their interpretation?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

That's a shame.

The WT is selfish...she and her husband showed all those doctors/nurses just how much.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Eulogy - Tool Standing above the crowd,
    he had a voice that was strong and loud
    and I swallowed his facade cuz I'm so eager to identify
    with someone above the ground,
    someone who seemed to feel the same,
    someone prepared to lead the way,
    with someone who would die for me.

Will you?
    Will you now?
    Would you die for me?
    Don't you f*ckin' lie.
    Don't you step out of line!
    Don't you f*ckin lie.

You've claimed all this time
    that you would die for me.
    Why then are you so surprised
    when hear your own eulogy?
    He had alot to say.
    He had alot of nothing to say Come down.
    Get off your f*ckin cross.
    We need the space
    to nail the next fool martyr!

• M.J.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit