Rape, two witnesses, DNA, and rape kit

by Fatfreek 40 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Forgive, please, if this has been asked. My Google wasn't much help.

Does the society yet recognize DNA, a rape kit, etc., as evidence that could supplant a "second witness" which they have always insisted on?

Fats

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

That is an extremely good question- same would apply to Islam where the law is there has to be 4 male muslim witnesses to the rape

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Islam where the law is there has to be 4 male muslim witnesses to the rape

What idiots make up these rules?

J

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I was wondering the same thing too.

Logicaly one would assume the society has but no choice to accept this, as it is a proven scientific indicator, and legally recognized by the courts as undeniable proof.

They could however say that while sexual contact took place, it may have been consensual. And their not being a witness to say otherwise, the elders will still screw you over. *no pun intended*

DL76

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Fatfreak and Stilla,

I only heard of a couple incidents where someone claimed rape, only dealt with one. Strangely we never considered high teck evidence. In the one case I had to handle we never questioned the truth of the statement of rape but assumed it was true and focussed on the alleged victims obligation to scream and try to get away. Almost took judicial action against the victim for their passive resistence.

I'm sure the WT allows "circumstantial evidence" but the elders would hardly demand a rape kit. If the victim or the accused presented such evidence on their own then I suspect the "Elders" would have to call the society and get theocratic "direction".

This would be another area, like child molestation, where normal people would go first to the Authorities, then to the elders.

Good question.

Steve

• talesin
    talesin

Since they disfellowship child rape victims who speak out, while the convicted rapist can still be in good standing, I would guess that the answer would be no. As someone already said, it could still be consensual without the obligatory two witnesses (in their eyes). I'm only drawing a logical conclusion, though, which means nothing in Joho-World.

tal

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

one thing I have never understood. how can someone be raped and still have judicial action taken against her? I was marked as bad association when I was raped, because I was raped within the city limits, in a drain tunnel by the city pool. it took me years to stop feeling guilty about it. I wonder how many other rape victims were put through this. quite honestly, it took me longer to get over my treatment by the elders than the actual rape.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Luckynun,

quite honestly, it took me longer to get over my treatment by the elders than the actual rape.

Please allow me to let you know I DID THAT and I apologize. No, I didn't do it to you. But I was one of those mindless, loyal bastard elders who went home and laid awake all night wondering "What if the Organization is wrong in their interpretation? If so I REALLY HURT SOMEONE THIS EVENING."

Now I am an advocate for people like you, that I hurt, that the WT hurt, that RELIGION hurts in the name of God.

I hope you are recovering. Everyone I run into that has been through that hell I tell them, "It was not your fault, We screwed up". Tell yourself that. YOUR DID NOTHING WRONG. IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT.

Abusive religion can cause so much harm. Its up to us to say I'M OK , it was THEM that was messed up.

Steve

• danika
    danika

The only time they would beleive it's a rape is if it was by some one who isn't jw and a rape kit prooved that the guy was there. Sounds hypocritical to me. Makes me want to punch them in the face or tie them down and torcher them till they don't beleive in it anymore. I have the perfect friend for the torchering part too.lol cheers

Dan-ni-ka

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

why the heck would i want to prove it to THEM. screw their rules, this has to be brought to court, not the elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit