I got an invite to take a tour of the new Mormon temple

by I quit! 19 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

This is the only time a non-Mormon can get to see the inside of one of them. Once they are consecrated (I think that is what they call it) you can't get in unless you are a Mormon wearring the special underwear and other requirements. Even Mormons don't get in there very often. I'm thinking of going. Any thoughts?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I'd go for sure. See if one of them will teach you the secret handshake.

GBL

• Dustin
    Dustin

It would be cool to check out what is so mysterious about the place. I would go, why not?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Take some pics and post 'em here, eh. It would be interesting and I'm sure it would be allowed as they let the media do it with video cameras before it is consecrated.

• undercover
    undercover

Say "Hi!" to the Grand Poobah for us...

a to anyone who can name the reference

• talesin
    talesin

Simpsons, when Homer joined the Buffalo(?) Lodge.

so, do I win???

Oh, yes, and by all means .. GO! It will be an interesting experience, and hey, what bad can come of it. Just put on your "Shield of Righteousness" before you go, and the demunz can't get ya!

t

• undercover
    undercover

Nope, not Homer(unless the Simpsons where paying homage to an earlier show)

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, I knew Simpsons was a take-off. hmm,, okay, Archie Bunker was a member of a lodge, and had a Grand Poobah,,, wasn't it the dad from Happy Days? But I don't know if that is the original.

t

• heathen
    heathen

I'm going to say Happy Days . Thats the only time I've heard the term grand poohbah.

• undercover
    undercover

Hell, maybe I'm confused, cause now that ya'll mention it, I do remember Happy Days using the term also...

but I was thinking of Fred Flintstone and the Water Buffalo Lodge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit