Ok...so then here is my 'proper' intro ;)

by Rubyvixen 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

Hi!

I actually have been reading these forums for about two years now and just decided to finally register. Where does one go to make a proper intro post?
    Edit: Alrighty then, I guess I will do my little intro here. I posted in this particular area because this is where I usually go to read posts first :D

----

I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness to a family that comprised of an elder father (Presiding Overseer at that!), several older brothers who were super active, one was a Pioneer for years, one served at Watchtower Farms and then Brooklyn Bethel (and currently is *gag* part of the whole Bloodless Surgery board now...I haven't spoken to him in years), a mother who was (and still is) super brainwashed and the 'perfect' elder's wife (guffaw) and the kicker....my uncle who was (and still is) an active member of the Governing Body.

Thing is, I always questioned everything even at an early age and being around Bethel so much and seeing all the ways that my uncle got very special treatment and even what I consider celebrity status made me do my own research and that coupled with my extremely stubborn and headstrong personality as a teen got me (very dramatically) booted from the Org.

I made the mistake at 12 years of age of getting dunked ;) largely to stop my parents from pressuring me...great reasoning huh? Little did I know that it was cause so much drama and insanity years later.
    br>Anyway, it is a long story that left me 'disowned' by my family and living on my own at the age of 18 in NYC (my mother is the only famly member who I keep in contact with, she started talking to me finally after my father passed away 6 years ago and while she is still EXTREMELY brainwashed we have some communication...my other brothers claim that it would go against their conscience to have contact with me. I don't really consider them family. They don't even really know me at all to be frank since they haven't spoken with me since I was 17.)

I don't like to dwell too much on the negatives of that time period since I turned out to be an ok adult (still in NYC at the age of 27 and I put myself through school and always had a roof over my head) but I would like to say that up until 2 years ago when I started reading these forums I had these nagging feelings of being sort of the odd man out all the time.

I would regale my friends with stories of growing up in such a bizarre, cultish and absolutely insane atmostphere but I never knew anyone else who had come out on the other side and actually did the research and could call the dubs out for what they are which is a cult.

You guys are great :)

I have no idea why I haven't registered and introduced myself properly until now but I am having a slow week at work and it seemed like a great time *and* I just read through all the misquotes from the Creation Book which got me all riled up heh.

• upside/down
    upside/down

you just did...

Welcome!

u/d (of the X-XJW class)

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!!!!!!!!! I usually put them under friends.....But it doesn't matter really.......most of us are always looking at the "Active Topics" so we see what the lastest things people are talking about!!!

• kls
    kls

Hi Ruby and welcome . You make your intro here

• daystar
    daystar

Welcome to the forum Ruby.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Hello, welcome to the board!

• JH
    JH

Welcome Newbie !!!

• happehanna
    happehanna

Welcome Ruby

I was worried too about posting but this forum is full of people who care.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome Ruby! Hope you like it here.

GBL

• TheListener
    TheListener

Yea another new member. Welcome to the forum Ruby. I hope you enjoy it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit