updated Berry Verdict WT LOSES PUBLIC OPINION

by DannyHaszard 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Dalianis disagreed. The church, she wrote, enjoyed a “special relationship” with the children that imposed a common-law duty on the elders to report the abuse or to at least advise the mother to report it.

The elders, Dalianis said, facilitated the continuing abuse by counseling the mother to be silent. If that’s true, the question becomes why aren’t the church’s leaders facing criminal charges?

the thing is the elders here are only doing as they were directed at bethel...as a caring ex-elder i would not have known what to do if i had ever come up against an abuse case..so i would have phoned bethel..and then done exactly as they directed..

so it is not the local elders that should be facing criminal charges..it is headquarters

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    .so i would have phoned bethel..and then done exactly as they directed..

And that is why Witness Elders should NOT be accorded the equivalency of mainstream religious leaders and their "confessions" should not be considered private under secular law.

Consider the above scenario with the good Brother phoning Bethel with info that was given him in confidence. By the time the answer comes back to him how many people have noted, discussed and examined the "confidential" info?

Should it go to JC, that will be at least three more along with the body of elders.

The results (if juicy enough) are sent to Bethel where who knows how many more will see the "confidential" information.

It stays in the Witnesses' file and when he/she moves, everyone in the NEW elder body gets a copy.

Nothing spiritual at all about this process. Invasive and intruding and the courts need to pierce this shroud that tyeh Dubz hide behind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit