latest WTS research on earthquakes and tsunamis

by jwfacts 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Pete you are possibly right, it seems there are differences of opinion as to the size and cause of the 1737 tsunami. In fact the Awake article even admits that the most deadly earthquake was in 1556.

Earthquake levels have not changed for thousands of years with the five most destructive earthquakes all happenening prior to the 1900's. Several natural disasters of the last millenium each resulted in almost 1,000,000 deaths, far more than any since 1914.

Since World War Two we are also living in a time of one of the lowest levels of war in history.

Where does this leave the signs of the last days? Does anyone believe we are really living in the time of the end?

• skyman
    skyman

doom and gloom. Its all about doom and gloom

• City Fan
    City Fan

The Watchtower Society must know that there has been no significant rise in the number of earthquakes/natural disasters since 1914 and so they concentrate on numbers killed. It is a fact that more people are killed by natural disasters now compared to hundreds of years ago because of population growth and population density.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Their going to play on any disaster and any numbers. We have to remember that the earths population is much more dence then in the 18th century or the 16th century. More population per square mile adds up to more deaths obviously but still in my mind is non sequential.

The real underlying fact to me is, How much brotherly love and aid did the WTBTS extend to the tsunamis relief fund? I didn't see the Society running to help all these victims with food/medical supplies or money. Rather they just use the crisis in furthering their beliefs on their followers. They never followed the Christ like example of helping ones in need who are not your brothers, of what benefit is their to helping ones of your own? Does not the world also do this? They failed to set the example in motion that they love to preach non-stop as their identifying mark of true christianity. This too me is the more important factor then any numerical number. Lives were involved and the Watchtower failed to even extend a helping hand to the "worldly tm " people who were affected. Thus failing Christs words, "Lord when did we comfort you or give you something to eat? ''The fact that you gave to the least one of these my brothers, you gave to me.' "

Ticker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit