Another letter from WBTS re: UN Scandal

by Gadget 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Gadget,

The best thing to do is let her connect-the-dots. I would just print some pages and highlight a few things that concern you. Mail them to her and ask her what she thinks of it.

Highlight these statements: "In October 2001, the Main Representative of the Watchtower Bible and TractSociety of New York to the United Nations, Giro Aulicino, requested termination of its association with DPI. Following this request, the DPI made a decision to disassociate the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York as of 9 October 2001"

"have the commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes about UN activities by publishing newsletters, bulletins and pamphlets, ....."
    • Then print and highlight the web page from the UN's website the STILL shows the Nov, 22 1998 Awake! was submitted to fill this requirement to "promote the UN". Ask her why that awake is on the UN website? Get that here: http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/materials/articles.htm

Just send them and ask her impression of it - nothing more. Nothing like having proof staring you right in the face!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Damn, we got caught!

Even further.............Damn, we got caught with our pants down around our ankles!

Annie

• willyloman
    willyloman

Nobody with half a brain could review the materials linked by freewilly (thanks, dude), above, and not conclude that the WTS was in bed with the UN in a way they didn't not want made public.

All you have to do is read the UN criteria for NGO membership and then read the '98 Awake. No dub can fail to be stunned at how obviously this article was a PR "offering" to the UN. Unless, of course, you don't WANT to see it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

This might not work with your lady friend, but it seems we should be asking WHY ELSE would the WTBTS be motivated to join the UN? The library membership is a flimsy excuse.

The United Nations has often reported on discrimination and abuse, and has come to the defence of the Jehovah's Witnesses rights on a number of occassions.

The WTBTS has no qualms using the courts of the land to further their cause.

I think therein lies the REAL reason they joined. By being associated with the UN, they could further their interests around the world and get inroads in countries previously barred to them.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    The WTBTS has no qualms using the courts of the land to further their cause.

I think therein lies the REAL reason they joined. By being associated with the UN, they could further their interests around the world and get inroads in countries previously barred to them.

Good point!

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Reading that Awake! excerpt, my first thought is that the folks at the UN didn't read what was submitted to them in support of the application.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Is this really real?

Registration paapers filed with the DPI that we have on file contain no statements that conflict with out religious beliefs.

Or was this retyped for posting on this site?

Is a scan possible - I'd love to have this for my records.

• Gozz
    Gozz

Yeah, a scan 'll be better. Too many typos in that letter...

• Gerard
    Gerard

[...] but in that year UN personnel on duty at the time told out representative that it would be necessary to register with the DPI in order to have continued access to the libraries we had been using long prior to that time.

So they did know wthat they signed.

The problem with lying is that they can't remember the sequence of their lies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit