Ultimatum

by datingAjwgirl 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• datingAjwgirl
    datingAjwgirl

Is it wise to give bible student girlfriend of a year the ultimatum of reading Crisis of Consiencness or its over.

If she does read it will she just reject it as the devils handiwork?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

dunno much about your situation but if your relationship is at the point of ultimatums its not that strong or good of a relationship. good luck though.

• Odrade
    Odrade

How many ultimatums have you ever heard of that actually worked? If your entire relationship is contingent on someone reading a book, I'd say it's already down the tubes.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

NEVER give an ultimatum under any circumstance. Use reasoning and patience and you will be rewarded.....or not. But make a deal if she reads it...you'll read something of hers......but that probably won't work either.

Why is she dating you if you are "worldly" and she is a JW? Does she have doubts already? Or is the full court press on you for conversion?

• datingAjwgirl
    datingAjwgirl

she is not babtized yet. Only studying with them off and on for the past few years but is getting serious about it. Also her mom studied with her before passing away when she was a teenager. She doesnt really know the theology or history, and refuses to believe me or the apostate materials I have gathered. Including copies of WTBS materials. Im to the point of complete frustration (private post). Thought it might be time for the ultimatum.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

She won't believe WTBS writings either? The power to believe or disbelieve is overwhelming isn't it?
    Honestly....I'd say give it one last shot....no ultimatum..... but sit her down and really tell her from your heart what you think. If she dismisses that....she has dismissed your feelings....therefore you have your answer....time to move on.
    Many on this board have spent 10, 15, 20, even 30 years with a JW that wish they could kick themselves everyday for not leaving earlier. At least you only have a year into it. Sorry bud! :(

• datingAjwgirl
    datingAjwgirl

the truth hurts, my gut tells me its time to move on. I just dont want to abandon her to those wolves.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I just dont want to abandon her to those wolves.

She's making the choice on her own so don't blame yourself for her stupidity. Go meet a Christian girl who believes Jesus.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Ray is viewed as a hideous evil servant of Satan who made his way into the Governing Body by the R&F. They have no use for any of his words. If she's bought into that she won't listen. If she is open minded she will give you an ear. If she won't respect your love and concern in order to listen to this she is already memzmerized by the dog and pony show. Give her a nice new bookbag with C of C in it and flowers, then leave.

You seem to know its over. It's your call. I wish you the best on this one.

W.Once

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i don't think "crisis of concience" makes any difference. i've never heard of "ray franz" in all of my JW life until i joined boards like this. no common JW would know him. thus this book would be treated like any other "apostate liar"'s book. and really... it could all be made up (i haven't read it so far, and i actually don't really need to read it).

if you really want to make someone think, use logic. there are many topics to talk about. if you want to get her out of all that abrahamic religion thing or want to be more of a liberal christian, learn the many errors of the bible (for example look at The Skeptic's Annotated Bible). this way you can also refute all the calculating stuff, because biblical numbers are complete nonsense.

you can also go the 607/587 road, which aint that hard if you do it well. the "revelation-climax" book has a page that states that russel used the year 606 to calculate the 1914 date (actually he also used the pyramid angles to calculate that date). you should also know that russel didn't predict the comming of the christ for 1914 (he already did that for 1875) but big A itself! we all know it didn't happen.

personal experiences can always be dismissed by "humans make errors". logical reasoning can only be dismissed by switching off the brain...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit