Is the GB guilty of stumbling christian? matt18:6

by Winston 21 Replies latest jw friends

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

To You know(what?)

Where in all God's creation did you get your logic?
    Sometimes I think you are not what you appear to be, I mean REALLY!!

How on earth can Ray Franz be responsible for stumbling others if he tells the truth. That like saying the Bible is responsible for stumbling persons for telling the truth about the waywardness of the nation of Isreal or the sins of certain prominent men like Lot,Moses,Aaron,David and on and on.

Since the WT claims to be the one and only channel to and from Jehovah they indeed should come under very close scrutiny by all who take seriously their relationship with God and want only to make sure.

If the WT is this so-called channel they should never object to a close inspection by other to make sure,they are what they claim.
    They should never DF someone who is making a honest inspection and talking about his findings.

If they (WT) are humble and righteous they will acknowlegde their wrongs and stop persecuting the ones that tell the truth, instead they do their utmost to silence any who simply are telling the truth.
    I feel that they(the WT) not the tellers of truth are responsible for the stumbling and as such(each individual that share in directing the WT) will suffer the fate of such stumblers.

I would not like at all to be in their shoes(responsible ones in the WT org.).

• You Know
    You Know
    How on earth can Ray Franz be responsible for stumbling others if he tells the truth.

Giving away the faults and misteps of the brothers is not "telling the truth"---not in Jehovah's judgment anyway---and Jehovah's legal opinions are the only ones that count. What Ray Franz divulged amounts to gossip---really. I know much more about the Society's shortcomings, as regards prophecy, then Ray Franz ever could have imagined, yet, I have no desire or inclination to set such stumbling blocks before others. It all goes to motive and that's what Jehovah is going to judge. In the Psalms he rebukes those who sit and speak against their brothers all the while imagining that God is going to become just like them. Jesus likewise foretold that some apostates would become so deluded so as to imagine that theyt were rendering God a sacred service by murdering his sons. The fact that you would charaterize Franz as a truth teller indicates the kind of delusion we are dealing with. / You Know

• zev
    zev

Hurl.

-Zev, honourary member, The hurling class
    __
    Zev
    The greatest consistancy of the WTBTS is their INconsistancy.

• Winston
    Winston

You Know,

You have a very lopsided veiw of things I think.

Giving away the faults and misteps of the brothers is not "telling the truth"---not in Jehovah's judgment anyway---and Jehovah's legal opinions are the only ones that count. What Ray Franz divulged amounts to gossip---really. I know much more about the Society's shortcomings, as regards prophecy, then Ray Franz ever could have imagined, yet, I have no desire or inclination to set such stumbling blocks before others.

You need to be fair in aplying this. You can't just aply it to those who left.

To be fair you have to aply it to all, including the WT itself, to do otherwise is a double standard and gross hypocrisy.

And if we aply it to all equally then the WT should never piont out flaws of other religions.

Any religion can hide behide reasoning like yours, and then we should just except what ever they say because it's wrong to talk about their flaws.

Please be reasonable just this once, You Know!

The Never Ending Search For Truth

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

Winston,
    I find this a fascinating post. I guess it depends on each individuals point of view. I am an athiest who was raised a JW by very devout parents. Was I stumbled, and became an athiest because of my experiences within the borg? I don't think so, but then again I don't claim to know everything. I guess we'll all find out sooner or later.
    lol
    jjs

You know (absolutley nothing). I'm not even gonna go there with you. You're not worth the time it would take to type.

Opinions are like a**holes. We've all got one and most of them stink.

• chappy
    chappy

You mean like the gossip Nathan spread about king Davids little affair? How dare that deluded old fart speak against one of Gods people!

chappy

• peterstride
    peterstride

In the bible we read about the good things that people did...as well as the bad things that they did. Even things that happenned between the apostles are mentioned. Nothing seems to have been censored.

However, the WTS wants to censor anything that doesn't put them in the best of light. Or anything that might actually open up debate on a subject that would go contrary to their interpretation/dogma/laws&regulations/what have you, of what they think the bible says.

What are they afraid off?

Hmmm....

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

If the governing body would ADMIT that they had faults, would perhaps apologize once and a while, instead of blaming their followers for things that they themselves (the GB) have said and done, I think a lot of us might not be here! It's not the fact that they are imperfect. It's the fact that they won't admit it!!!

BW

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

You Know,

It seem you have small little twists in your understanding of Jehovah and what his word says that lead you far away from what is right.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    It all goes to motive and that's what Jehovah is going to judge. In the Psalms he rebukes those who sit and speak against their brothers all the while imagining that God is going to become just like them. Jesus likewise foretold that some apostates would become so deluded so as to imagine that theyt were rendering God a sacred service by murdering his sons. The fact that you would charaterize Franz as a truth teller indicates the kind of delusion we are dealing with. / You Know

There is a danger in useing the Scriptures the way you do. You give such a broad and generalization meaning to the Sciptures you use for supporting you conclusions.

Any religion can use your applications to prove they are the truth and nobody should ever say anything negative about them.

How on earth can that be.

I think You Know needs to be more honest with himself first, before he can come to others and offer help.

Your motives are good, but your reasonings are not.

• AGuest II
    AGuest II

Uh, You Know, honey?

Read the scriptures; perhaps they will shed a little better 'light' on the subject. I do not recall Mr. Franz, nor others you and your leaders consider 'apostates' even referring to themselves as 'shepherds'. But I most certainly know that your leaders refer to themselves as such.

The blind... leading... the blind... and the blind... following. And LOVING it. Still.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit