The Cruelty of JW's

by Blackfalcon98 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

So I was scrolling my social media account and I saw this from a dub: 

"I think the Bible account of Jael is probably my favorite. She was very courageous when she drove that pin into Sisera's head....while he was asleep! She is a true gangster! Lol I want to meet her in the new world "

This offended me (and I still believe in scripture).....of all the people to meet.....you want to me some deceptive woman from the OT???? Is it me, or has learning TTATT made me more sensitive to cult attitudes and behaviors?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

or has learning TTATT made me more sensitive to cult attitudes and behaviors?

Lots of things they say that now make me cringe and make the hair on the back of my neck stand up -- but go back 5, or 10 years ago, and I'd have likely said the same thing or at least given my "Amen!" to it.

Don't know now how I bought into it all back then.  Look up "gullible" in Webster's -- photo is of me.

Doc

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

When you believe "God" sanctioned it (whatever "it" is), you convince yourself it's just and righteous.

Once you are disabused of the notion that "God" has anything to do with it, it's really easy to see how sick, evil and twisted much of the Bible accounts really are.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Gotta admit I wasn't so blood thirsty. In the Heb scripts, Muppim, Huppim and Ard. They sounds so Dr. Suess.
  • insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

Jael is a hero

Jael’s courageous act against the enemy of Jehovah is extolled in the victory song of Deborah and Barak, which also pronounces Jael “most blessed among women.”—Jg 5:6, 24-27.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Jael is a hero - yeah, right up there with Sampson and Phineas.

Very 'zealous', all three

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, I agree!

I started a thread months ago on a similar topic. It amazes me how witnesses get all upset when news reports talk about people being killed in disasters, yet they rejoice at reading of bloodthirsty violence in the bible, or in the future big A!

• pixel
    pixel

Yeap! Killing in such a manner is soooo christian-like! 

It's a cult. No doubt about it. 

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

@Love,.. of course 

(Judges 5:24-27) 24 Ja′el the wife of He′ber the Ken′ite will be most blessed among women, Among women in the tent she will be most blessed. 25 Water he asked, milk she gave; In the large banquet bowl of majestic ones she presented curdled milk. 26 Her hand to the tent pin she then thrust out, And her right hand to the mallet of hard workers. And she hammered Sis′e·ra, she pierced his head through, And she broke apart and cut up his temples. 27 Between her feet he collapsed, he fell, he lay down; Between her feet he collapsed, he fell; Where he collapsed, there he fell overcome.

When he (Phinehas) spotted Zimri taking the Midianitess Cozbi into his tent, he pierced them both through with a lance, “the woman through her genital parts.” This zeal in “tolerating no rivalry at all” toward Jehovah was “counted to him as righteousness,” and God made a covenant for the priesthood to remain in his line “to time indefinite.”

By going into enemy territory, Samson demonstrated his fearlessness. Samson died faithful to Jehovah after having judged Israel for 20 years. Therefore his name rightly appears among men who, through faith, were made powerful.

(Hebrews 11:32-34) 32 And what more shall I say? For the time will fail me if I go on to relate about Gid′e·on, Ba′rak, Samson, Jeph′thah, David as well as Samuel and the [other] prophets, 33 who through faith defeated kingdoms in conflict, effected righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34 stayed the force of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, from a weak state were made powerful, became valiant in war, routed the armies of foreigners. . .

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    They are idiots and disconnected. Have them watch those savages isis burn the pilot and ask them if they would have the stomach for such savagery. They don't. Witnesses are pussies. They like thinking they want to see genocide but the reality will turn them into crying babies. They read the OT and do bible highlights. Could any of them preform such callous acts of violence. No way. Cowards. The idea thrills them the reality would be far too much. Makes me sick. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit