All things considered, when will THE JW religion end?

by sowhatnow 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

Id give a guess of maybe another 15 to 20  years ,

nothing will be the same , if there even is a headquarters.

opinion?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

What you asked and what you answered are two different things.  

The JW religion may never end, or at least not our life times. They have lasted 120+ years as it is....

but it seems maybe you are asking how long will it last in its current form (your headquarters quote lends itself to that interpretation).  My view on that is i already dont reconize this cult from 10 years ago.  I could easily foresee big changes...of what sort, i shall not hazard a guess ;) 

• R. Jerome Harris
    R. Jerome Harris

It is much bigger than JWs ending. Indeed ALL of religion will one day end if they are false.

I say leave JWs alone. I say leave any person of any religious system or organization alone. Who are we to meddle as if what we personally believe is right and everyone else is wrong? Who are we to meddle because we personally do not like someone else's religion or beliefs? They might not like ours either.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

For me it's not the same religion I left in 2006. When I left internet was the devil itself. Now they're an e-religion.

When JW.org piloted by GB 2.0 will end? I really don't because they made wild jumps. One thing is for sure, they cannot go back. Now they're navigating in unknown oceans. 

Maybe the singing cart knows...LOL

• sir82
    sir82

The WTS is in a period of transition. It will bear the same name, but be virtually unrecognizable to old-timers, in the future.

Even so, I think it will will slowly fade from prominence (what little they have) over the next 50 years.Half a century from now, JWs will be one of those "oh, are they still around? I thought that was a 20th century thing" religions, like maybe Quakers or Christadelphians or Christian Scientists today.

But, as I've stated before, the WTS has no monopoly on stupid. They fill a need. A too-large proportion of the human race begs to bullied and browbeaten. The WTS is one of many groups only too happy to oblige. If the WTS just folded up shop and disappeared tomorrow, the vast majority of its 8 million adherents would glom onto some other high-control religion.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I think that the Governing Body is making the changes that they are in order to perpetuate the religion. In my opinion they sensed that there was a general malaise in their members and hired a PR man to help them combat this. Everything new that they're doing probably comes from him/them. They're in the process of reinventing themselves and they may perhaps succeed.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

JWs are already insignificant in today's world.  A recent Time Magazine article listed the policy of every major religion on the matter of gay marriage.  Even Mormons were included, but not a mention of JWs.  Why?  They are so inconsequential that they just don't matter. Never have. Never will. But I doubt they ever fade away completely.

(I will give the caveat that perhaps they "mattered" more in the 40s/50s when their cases were heard before the US Supreme Court.)

Doc

• antes8080
    antes8080
    end never, Decline yes ther is too many die hards for it just to end even in 50 years.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    As long as there are victims to be had, high control groups will never fully go away, I think Its going to keep changing dramatically as it already has and possibly shrink, or people will just go along for the ride because its all they know. Some part of it is always going to exist 
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    When or if they're gone will probably depend on the world situation in the future. Religion loves misery - it strengthens the faithful. I believe the world, and that includes the United States, is going to get worse in the decades to come and that will reinforce the Witnesses and similar religions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit