Why don't Jehovah's Witneses offer childrens activities?

by Dragonlady76 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

This reminded me ....

Recently, I was driving back from a trip with my JW mother and sister and we passed a building that looked like a KH. (You know how witnesses get all *excited* when they see another KH! ) One of them pointed it out, but as we passed it, there was a very nice playground built on the other side. They quickly concluded that it was, indeed, not a Kingdom Hall!

My mom jokingly said that she did not think it was a bad idea to have a playground beside a Kingdom Hall, and that they should present the idea to the building committee!! I couldn't help from laughing! I said, "Sure! I am SURE they will approve it! Ha!"

Kingdom Halls, in general, are the most kid unfriendly place I have ever seen!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The churches here have childrens' wings, teen rooms, basketball courts, playground equipement and other niceties. Why dont kingdom halls have that too. I know why - money.

Josie

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    The churches here have childrens' wings, teen rooms, basketball courts, playground equipement and other niceties. Why dont kingdom halls have that too. I know why - money.

Josie

Josie,

They wouldn't build it even if they had money growing on their farms. I agree with Big D, the WT hates kids.

DL76

• blondie
    blondie

They do have basketball courts and exercise areas for the Bethelites. That surprised me the first time I saw it knowing how such things were forbidden at the KH. Of course, they had a "reason" for it.

I remember one congregation had a nice grassy area off to the side. One brother brought a picnic table so on nice days the pioneers and others could eat outside at lunch time.

The elders had a bird. They didn't want those passing by to thing that people were there to have "fun."

Blondie (no longer part of a two-faced organization)

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

It's sad that there are not more activities for children at the KH.

My friends children actually look forward to going to church, and don't have to be dragged out of bed and forced to go, because of the activities at the church.

I always hated to go to the meetings, it was sooooo hard to sit still and pay attention, enough to make a comment to my parents after the meeting to see what I learned.

BB

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Because the Swiss went over the top with it (as usual).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit