Back from the DC

by jula71 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Carol
    Carol

Yes Zulukai I was one of those "Bright Eyed Kids", let it be said now to all those that listened to me in New Jersey and New York....I HUMBLY APOLOGIZE! I was an obedient child and did what I was told, until I rebelled at 21 years of age (yes back then you were under your parents domination until you were 21).

• watchtower_and_afake
    watchtower_and_afake

I was just wondering for those of you who have attended the DC. Do they still use corny names for people like brother and sister "weak in the truth", or brother "pioneer", sister"submissive"? -- Me and my old buddies would always laugh at the new names they'd come up with.

• jula71
    jula71

Funny you should say that...there was a demonstration with a brother "kind"

• Texas Flood
    Texas Flood

This was probably the best DC I've been too. And you wanna know why? Because I just saw how idotic these talks were. I re-read the notes I took (Yeah I was pretty much one of the few young ones who actually took notes voluntarily), and I was astounded at how ridiculous they are. The drama was so boring and totally perdictable. I only went on Sunday, but I saw my mom's notes for the other two days. Wow.

Oh but on the flip side, I got to listen to some talks outside. Yes! Leg room! Some smart people brought boom boxes and put on the frequency of the DC. Of course, I wanted so bad to change the station to KROCK..since that was the metal meltdown weekend.

Well that's my sentiments. More soon on upcoming events :-).

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

After hearing that, that would be my last convention. "Your only job is to eat" That is truly disturbing.

• SallySue
    SallySue
    This is my dear mom and I wonder how she's taking it. She's terrified of death, hated getting older. She absolutely believed she'd never die and is now in her 80's. I don't know if the generation change comforted or distressed her (she would never share "spiritual" thoughts with me).

Mine too. Mine seems so bitter and fatalistic, but continues loyal to the org. I just don't know what to say to her any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit