by Hmmm 20 Replies latest jw friends

• hippikon
    hippikon
    I personally happen to like the US

Crawler

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Crawler??

What would you know! When I got over to NZ, I found to my horror that the part of a stand-up comedy routine which in Oz would be a series of Yank-bashing jokes were a series of Oz-bashing jokes (big fleas have little fles, I guess)! Just remember, you're about to produce one of us! LOL

• Prisca
    Prisca

The NZers have Oz-bashing jokes? How dare they, after taking over Bondi!! What more do they want? The dole while they're living here...?? Um, wait a minute there.... they DO get the dole whilst living here!!! Hmm....

• squirrel
    squirrel

Australians are great ... except for 11 of them.

Shane Warne, Michael Slater, Glen McGrath, the Waugh brothers etc. Will you please go home and leave us alone? Please? Omigod, PLEASE ?!!!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yeah, go home you wingeing Aussies!

Especially Shane Warne!!!

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Not any more, Prisca. Our govt pulled that mat out from under them earlier this year. Personally, I think it was the wrong thing to do, but, what can you do?

I just hope Hippikon's job is REAL secure...

As for the jokes, I recognised a lot of them as Irish jokes.

As for the Poms and their poor sportsmanship (the Ashes after all are the ashes of the stumps in the first game the Poms lost against us colonials - burned in a hissy fit), you should learn to play the game better - you exported it here, remember!

And on the subject of poor sportsmanship, if you mention underarm bowling, Hippikon, I'm going to scream! (That's the other thing they go on about, Prisca!)

Q: How do you know a Dub loyal to "Jehovah's Organisation" is lying?
    A: Their lips are moving.

• Englishman
    Englishman

"As for the Poms and their poor sportsmanship"

Come off it Stephanus, dont you know when the English are giving you accolades?

Englishman.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

My comment was as tongue-in-cheek as yours, mi amigo from the Old Country!

Yes, our sportspeople have been doing none too bad of late. Pity I hate sport! LOL

Now you're somewhere down South, IIRC. I've got relatives in Plymouth - how close are you?

Q: How do you know a Dub loyal to "Jehovah's Organisation" is lying?
    A: Their lips are moving.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Plymouth - isn't that where the great venture to Great South Land began?

Oh BTW Steph, our pommie friend is not too far from Plymouth. ANYWHERE in pommie land is bloody close, mate!

Who ya got in the opening game, E'Man? Wolves, ain't it? Chalk that one up as a loss, eh? Groan. Poor old 'arry.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"There are two ways of moving men, interest and fear" Napoleon

• Englishman
    Englishman

MMmmm, 'bout 90 miles from Plymouth, not to be confused with Portsmouth (I'm Pompey 'till I die) who will certainly smack Wolves arses in a couple weeks.

Bysy by!

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit