Witness Convention Banta fodder - lose your music career + go fulltime!

by Dogpatch 14 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

will someone please pass me a barf bag. More hogwash on people becoming goodie two shoes and to show their new Christian side by playing hypocrite at the convention. You know how many things are so over exaggerated at an assembly when people change their lives it is so phony its as if you can see right through it.

I have seen friends have parts on conventions and act like their bible studies are the living end and when in fact they are not all sappy like they let you believe. They always make a pretense of oh how wonderful a couple are or this person has given up so much. yada yada yada..

Lets just see how long it takes for them to see the truth about the truth.

one sister in our circuit years ago was studing with a person who was the same person my mother had studied with for years and she never made an progress and this other sister gung ho on the platform leads you to believe that this interested person is the living end, they are so happy and excited to learn the truth or course she already knew that, but the way the sister went on and on about this study was enough to make you pass out. Such exaggeration is was so funny, because I knew this person and knew from my mother that she was never going to become a witness. she just made a pretext that she would . Like this was about 10 years ago and this women never became a witness, she just liked to have the witnesses call and talk, but never has had the intention to become a witness. And what pissed me off the way this sister told this experience she made seem that this person was going to be baptized that second. Typical example of stretching the truth. What a liar. It made me sick. I have seen this done a lot of times and it is so damn phony. I am sure you have all seen this happen to at meetings conventions and special meeting.

Orangefatcat.
  • willyloman
    willyloman
    "I didn't have any friends that weren't musicians. I was very narrow minded. Leaving really made me a more rounded person.

Now he doesn't have any friends who aren't JWs. How well rounded is that?

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    The couple settled in Amelia because few Jehovah's Witnesses live there, leaving more opportunity to witness.

Maybe they wanted to live where few JW's are so that they can do what they want without being spied on and reported to big brother.

HappyDad

• JohnnyMarr
    JohnnyMarr

These people who give up their music careers for a little bit of back patting at assemblies are stupid. Growing up I took music classes throughout middle and high school. Every time I picked up an instrument to play a hit from the radio I could always count on some punk ass elder or other high and mighty individual to ask me if I knew any "Kingdon Songs". I would always play life without end it last to make them shut the hell up and go back to having fun. Upon graduating, I was able to start making money on the weekends playing at local bars. Because of this I was told that I couldn't be a ministerial servant. The only acceptable way that I could pursue music as a career was if I was in a band comprised only of other witnesses. Considering that their are other Witnesses in bands that aren't comprised entirely of Witnesses ..... Larry Graham ... Prince .... Selena .... George Benson and others ..... I found this highly hypocritical. Needless to say ...... because of that and my lack of brown nosing skills in general ... I never became a misterial servant.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The less education/career the masses have going for them, the easier to control.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit