A Bio of Millions

by millions now living are dead 13 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Millions,

Let me join the other and say welcome to the board! It's a great place.

You said:

I'm not sure if I should just continue to fade and let the chips fall where they may or maybe write a DA letter.

One or two things more to consider is: 1) you would be forcing your family members to make a choice about shunning you and possibly destroying family ties; 2) you're letting the JW organization dictate the rules of your leaving. Do they really have authority over you that you have to follow their rules even in leaving? No, they don't. This has been discussed many times here and it seems the JWs are just trying more manipulation--even on people who no longer believe them!

Best regards,

Pat

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome Millions,

"I spend a ridiculous amount of time asking myself, "Who am I?", "What the hell am I doing here?",

I congratulate you on getting to this point - not that many do. If you are sincere in getting an answer to these questions, allow me to suggest you explore nonduality (also known as advaita). Another option is to read "The Power of Now" as an introduction in exploring your true nature.

"Who am I?" This is the most important question that can arise for one who is yearning for truth, and with truth comes unconditional peace and contentment. The answer will never be found in the mind, but rests in that in which the mind arises. However, using the mind to find the source of mind begins with the question "Who am I?" Discover all of those 'things' which you are not, and when all of them have been seen through as illusory what is left is what is real - the real you. This is the Being and the silent consciousness which JamesThomas referred to. We are human beings; most people are thoroughly acquianted with the human part, it's the being part that gets overlooked, and overlooking that is the source of all suffering.

Warmest regards,
    poppers

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    We are human beings; most people are thoroughly acquianted with the human part, it's the being part that gets overlooked, and overlooking that is the source of all suffering.

Beautifully said, Poppers!

Always a joy to read your words; it's like licking honey off a spoon.

j

• Netty
    Netty

I can really relate to you. Wonderful that your wife faded with you! Thanks for sharing your bio.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit