Can disfellowshipping a person be harmful to their spirituality?

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

There whole attitide to the so called "sinners" is badly warped and way off course, Jesus used to associate with them because they needed him more. The JWs are like modern day Pharisees that look down on and shun the "sinners"

• jaredg
    jaredg

it was for me!!! after i was DF'd i didn't want anything to do w/ JWs even though i still believed. i went through spurts of being angry with god. things are much better now aznd i don't blame god...i blame the WTS.

• The Thinker
    The Thinker

Can it be harmful to their "Spirituality", I would say YES, because they can balme it on God. Alos you must understand that the Watchtower isn't interested in perfection, they are only interested in the 'appearance of perfection'. Once you understand this, then you can see why they hide child abusers and not turn them over to the law.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    No. Jehovah loves those He disciplines.

Jehovah has nothing to do with WT DF'ing.

It would have probably been better for me to have been DF'd instead of me telling the cult leaders that they are apostates and I was going to worship Jesus. At least I wouldn't be hated so much if I had let them DF me. But... it is worth all the contempt on their faces, the sneers, the hateful words when I speak to some of them and the look of disbelief on their kid's faces when they see their parents' Christ-like personalities in action.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I go along with Jeannie's thoughts.

At first when I learned what a rotten-to-the -core, lying bunch of horrible dictators that the WTS was, I was FURIOUS with God for allowing me to become one of THEM---AND to be duped!I had prayed every step of the way when I was studying ( I really DID)---just looking for a sign that I was making a mistake----and that sign never came. So I was pissed at God...bigtime.

For whatever reason, I went back to reading the bible (different translation) and prayed again. NO religion, just bible. Read COC. That helped. Someone sent me some books (Thanks F and S) and someone else sent me some tapes, and I began to grow again spiritually.I was able to let go of the anger against God.

Sooo, DFing CAN harm someone's spirituality, but if you've got guts to pick up and start all over again......it can be gained BACK, and all without the false teachings and hogwash beliefs of the WTS.

Annie

• zagor
    zagor

Example: If a JW is caught smoking, and becomes DF'd because of this, that person may feel free to do even worse sins, because they can't be more DF'd than they are right now.

Story of my life

• Gordy
    Gordy

I wasn't DF'd I Disassociated. Which meant lose of contact with my wife and two daughters.

But it didn't harm my spirituality, in fact its had the opposite. I'm stronger now spiritually, since becoming a Christian, than I ever was as aJW.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well it destroyed mine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit