Next get together in Toronto!!! :-)

by peterstride 113 Replies latest jw friends

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

I could consider a trip up there as well. How big of a crowd are you expecting?

• Kismet
    Kismet

well it looks like on September 15th Toronto is going to be THE place to be!! woooo hoooooo

So peter we are going to have to pace ourselves..so we only drink half the keg on Saturday.... nah... we can get another one next month!!

Looking forward to Saturday!!

Kismet

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

If one were coming from a major city in the states, would Buffalo be the most sensible place to drive from?

• Kismet
    Kismet

Depends on where you are comingf from. NYC Boston etc you could come into Canada through Cornwall or the 1,000 Islands border crossing. Buffalo could be equally as fast. Those coming from Ohio and over, it might be faster to enter Canada through Detroit/Windsor (3.5-4 hrs from Toronto)

There are three border crossing points near Buffalo. Buffalo/Fort ERie via the Peace bridge located downtown Buffalo. Slightly north, Niagara Falls crossing via the Rainbow Bridge or 5 miutes further north in Lewiston/Queenston. Once crossing any of these look for signs for the QEW Toronto. Stay on that road and it will bring you right into the heart of the City (1-1.5 hours from the border.)

I have travelled a lot through all these points. If anyone needs specific directions feel free to ask here or by email. [email protected]

Kismet

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

I would be coming from Providence, RI, and would either fly to Buffalo or to Detroit and drive, or perhaps I could get a cheap flight to Toronto itself. I will check out the options.

• Commie Chris
    Commie Chris

Peter: It's 5:00 a.m. and I have been up all night working on a major filing due in Federal Court today. I also have a big trial next week that I still have to prepare for. BUT …, I will be at Aposto-fest this weekend - that's how much I'm looking forward to it. Plus, my ex-wife (she's still my best friend, mother of my kids and an inactive JW) and my kids will be there.

• somebody
    somebody

ChuckD,

Do you live in Providence?

peace,
    somebody

• peterstride
    peterstride

Hey CommieChris!
    I hope the Federal Court case goes your way! Good to hear that you'll be bringing your best friend (& kids) along this Saturday!

ChuckD,
    I'll e-mail you with the actual location once you let me know if you're coming for sure this Saturday!
    If you're flying in to another US city, Buffalo is less than half the driving distance from Toronto compared to Detroit. Hopefully you can get a cheap flight to Toronto, and then you can take an express bus to downtown Toronto from the airport.

Hey Kisssssss!
    We'll try (the operative word here is "try") to drink just half the keg this Saturday and save some for September... ....NOT!!!

C U all in a few days!

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• peterstride
    peterstride

Just three days until the next Toronto Apostofest!

Shall we call it Apostofest II?

Peter

• peterstride
    peterstride

Back to the top!

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit