Other Types of Abuse...

by RichieRich 34 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

So my questions are:

• Were you spanked?

Yes, but not excessively. Notmore then I deserved I guess.

• How Regularly / severly?

Maybe 4 to 6 times a year.

• Did your parent ever "lose control" and truly BEAT you?

Never

• Do you know of others who were worse off

Yes.Some kids in the cong could not do anything right,how hard they tried. Sad to see. Those were the ones that left the 'truth' very early. Did everything the parents did not want in a later stadium of live.
    I have to say that almost allother dubs spoke bad about the parents who did that. It was not viewed as normal or desirable.

• How widespread do you feel this problem is?

I have travelled a lot and see many KH's.I think it is more or less a problem in the states and lesser in europe. Also in 3rd world countries I think the situation is general better with dubs then none dubs.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I wouldn't call my hidings spankings - sometimes they were quite bad. My mom (very young at that stage) could really lash out at me. I've been punched, so bad I had to go to the doc because my ear was playing up. when My mother remarried my father I went through some serious emotional abuse - my father was radical in his beliefs and would keep me up for hours on end drumming me with them. He used to call me satans' spawn. He used to tell me I wasn't his daughter.

But it's all in the past & nothing can make it go away. It happend, I've dealt with it & I'm still a pretty well balanced human.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

* Were you spanked? yes
    * How Regularly / severly? very often/very hard
    * Did your parent ever "lose control" and truly BEAT you? yes
    * Do you know of others who were worse off? yes
    * How widespread do you feel this problem is? very wide spread, but i think it's getting better.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I got my share.

It's my theory that babies that get hit go into shock somehow. Emotional damage, probably. If so, then hitting a baby is not just physical abuse, but emotional as well.

S

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I definitely think that emotional abuse comes with the physical. You can get cussed at, and get up and walk away and be depressed. You can get beat, be hurt, and feel like crap on the inside too.

I've always been able to handle the pain, but its whats in your head that gets you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit