Prank call to Governing Body member Anthony Morris III gets through

by Watchtower-Free 143 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    What a waste! Could of got him to talk about something serious, like why the website makes it appear never shunning of family but why family must be shunned, especially after all their changes and false predictions, or any other number of issues.  
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Thank you cappytan :)
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free
    I would think a call to someone you formally idolized as a future ruler in heaven would be a hard thing to do.
  • oppostate
    oppostate

Kudos Cedars!

I applaud your initiative and give those opposing your actions a big raspberry farty noise with rainy spittles for them!

Keep up the good work. The worst thing these GB "mandamases" hate the most is being made fun of! Just like tyrants and dictators.

• Simon
    Simon
    I would think a call to someone you formally idolized as a future ruler in heaven would be a hard thing to do

I think the only people who idolized the GB are those who cared far too much about position and titles.

He's just a guy, they all are, same as us, same as any pop-star or CEO or road-sweeper. It seems strange for someone to feel the need to confront someone and try and score some lame-ass points as though it's some sort of achievement.

If I called Tim Cook to tell him I don't like iTunes and didn't like his last keynote do you imagine it matters one iota to him? Yes, a bunch of Apple haters would probably cheer and clap but nothing would change. Anyone who has any product to sell or service to offer know that some people don't like it. They don't care - they have their customers and sell their wares to the people who want them.

I doubt AM is sat thinking "maybe I was wrong? maybe we should dismantle this whole thing".

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    I applaud your initiative and give those opposing your actions a big raspberry farty noise with rainy spittles for them!

I've only seen a handful of posts that actually think what Cedars did was pointless.

The majority of those, like mine, with some kind of critical aspect to them are not opposing the call itself but are disappointed that he was not able to challenge Morris more.  Nevertheless, he did what he did, the proof is out there and just getting through was a result in itself.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I am personally divided on this.

- In one side, I believe that, sure, the opportunity could have been used to confront him on better subjects. However, I do not think it would have gotten any further, neither he would have been dumb enough to fall for it. This people can perpetuate their positions because they are wise enough (provided their wisdom isn't used for good) not to fall for this things. They have years of experience doing this and I am pretty sure this is not the first time they get confronted. Having been asked the other questions that many here would have liked, he would have probably referred you to some other underling that would take on the dirty work. They may not be good with the bible or at financial decisions, but they are good scammers. They now what to say and when to say it or when to shut up. He hanged up the phone at the very right time. Would have he allowed himself to move further and the conversation would have gotten more serious, he would have not been able to get off the hook so easily. He most likely knew he was being recorded.

- In the other side, the call did not have a script. I am pretty sure Cedars has a pretty long laundry list of questions but he may have been surprised to even realize he got thru to him. I know I would and even if I knew exactly what I would have asked him, chances are the words would have not come out right. If this is not the case, I refer to my first point. Even if you were able to fool the guy into thinking you are indeed at Bethel, once the hard questions begin he would have probably referred you to someone else. As you can see from the initial conversation, the question over the laundry was what got him out of his domain. He was a bit caught by surprise and allowed to joke because he thought it was real. When the actual critic began, he needed some time to realize what he was getting into. Would have been hit directly with questions after he said "you shrunk them", then I doubt he would have been caught with his guard down.

Never the less, the chances of this ever making it to a WT article or yearbook are slim. Although not impossible, it would be easy for apostate relatives of JWs to show them the true story. Putting picture of demonstrations of angry people in front of assemblies for those who'd never seen one has a whole different effect. Once you actually get to see one, your mental picture is already there.

I am pretty sure Cedars, having given his name, would be probably receiving some legal documents over this. Even if it is just an attempt to scare him

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    He's just a guy, they all are, same as us, same as any pop-star or CEO or road-sweeper

My tactic for minimising the status of anyone else....

Imagine them taking a dump.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    I think the only people who idolized the GB are those who cared far too much about position and titles.

Ive been thinking this all day because of the video. I honestly think those who have left idolize them more than those who are in. People inside will say, "their just imperfect men" but many who leave seem to focus on them way more as some real big deal.

In this video for instance Cedars focuses on how he laughed at his, "Jehovah's hand" remark like it's somehow telling of Anthony's inside knowledge of God being fake. It doesn't do this at all, Cedars is making an assumption and using innuendo to suggest it but it doesn't. People inside the org joke all the time about Jehovah's hand being in something silly. "Oh look there's one more piece of pie just for me, must be Jehovah's hand" is just one real example I witnessed; and there are many more. Any witness who saw this would just see exactly what you've pointed out:

1. They are not out of reach elitist leaders

2. They are witty normal human beings

3. Once you insult them directly they just turn the other cheek and hang up.

meanwhile Cedars looks like a "mentally diseased", obsessive person who went to great lengths to contact Anthony and act like a 12 year old.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Well it is doubtful that AMIII would have been more forthcoming. However it would have been interesting to use the 'tight pants' admonition to discuss non scriptural matters and why the GB interjects their personal bias's into everyday JW life.

Why did he think it was necessary to bring the pants issue up at a large assembly? Are tight pants an on going issue?

Or was it a wise idea to do quick builts years ago  and now  replace them with newly designed quick builds that look like drive through laundries, banks and liquor stores. 

Have the Mormons become a strong influence on the Society as they seem to be copying many Mormon polices like their web site etc.

Was the dancing and prancing film supposed to be a recruitment film and did he notice that some of the sisters and brothers were wearing tight jeans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit