im going to glastonbury festival today..

by katiekitten 39 Replies latest jw friends

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

I enjoyed watching Bloc Party and Interpol. Fatboy Slim, Basement Jaxx and Femi Kuti were great too.

Ignored One.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well i didnt really watch all the coverage

and thats because the bbc coverage is rubbish cos its doesnt concentrate on one bands performance but flits from one to another and back again and is so frustrating....except this year it was interactive..which was how i came to watch the whole coldplay gig which was great except for the encore when they did a naff version of kylies cant get it out of my head

so there you have it ....interactive is the way to go

but it really wasnt a very inspiring line up this year

pink floyd for 2007 though....you heard it here first

(oh and me on the pyramid stage)

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

So, was it worse or better than '97 (rained loads before, sticky gloopy mud) or '98 (rained during, loads of wet runny mud)?

I'm amazed to learn people actually go for the bands...

However, I did at first. I saw 24 bands my first year I think ('94). The people who I was camping with thought I was mad, this woman kept on laughing and saying 'it's not what it's about man'. I didn;t get it then, but I did learn wisdom eventually and if I was able to go would go regardless of who was playing.

And no, I don't mean to say it's about the drugs, you can get those anywhere cheaper and better.

It's the festival, the people, the Green Fields, the atmosphere.

Over-priced? Hmph. People pay more for a pair of trousers or a dress. Mark you, having said that I've never paid properly yet, either paying to be got in courtesy of Shifty S. Couser Inc., or Dodgy M. Ancunian Ltd., or getting a freebie coz I was doing some writing.

But rain or no rain, good bands or bad bands, I'm still jealous!

• Preston
    Preston
    Best bands this year according to me were White Stripes, and Killer. Keane was rubbish, I just dont like his music (except that ONE song), Garbage were OK, Ian Brown is brill, but I have seen better from him, Chas N Dave (nuff said).

Would have loved to see Ian Brown (Stone Roses fan here)... I was suprised when he did a remake of Thriller, which I thought was better than the original.

- Preston

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    But rain or no rain, good bands or bad bands, I'm still jealous!

Join the club...do you think you will make it for 2007?

DB74

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    pink floyd for 2007 though....you heard it here first

Tij - are you sure about that? And why not 2006?

Abaddon - you're right - its not that expensive really - my dress for Friday night cost more than 5 nights at glastonbury would have done.

Katie - don't suppose you brought any pear cider back did you - sounds like exactly my kind of drink! The moments you mention - the bonding and humourous moments are the best from any concert actually - I remember holding hands with a complete stranger all emotional at Red Hot Chillis last year, posing with two policeman for the tv cameras - just the general coolness. I had no idea they did comedy there - I'd love that! Maybe I'll be brave enough to go next year - on the other hand if I wait 20 years I'll have saved enough to spend it in a luxury winnebago with running water!

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Barefoot over broken glass if I have to

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

tijkmo

Aren't Floyd one of the bands that always are meant to be playing? Like the Stones? It would be good; I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like...

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    And why not 2006

Apparently there is no 2006 Glastonbury...thats what I heard earlier in the year anyway...as to whether thats changed or not I dont know.

DB74

• City Fan
    City Fan

I thought The Killers were the best judging from BBC's coverage. And they're playing Live8 this weekend. There is some great music out there at the moment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit