tijkmos letter to gb

by IP_SEC 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

A question that was raised after reading your letter that you never really went into was the issue involving the allegations of sexual abuse brought against you. You said you never had the opportunity to face your accusers. Would you expand on this?

Thanks,

HS

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/93181/1.ashx

this is the link to the accompanying list of suggestions if anyone should wish to view it

the allegations that were mentioned were never addressed bacause as i was not being repentant for things i was not guilty of i was not in a position to go to the people concerned and tell them what was being said..most of them found out anyway and as they knew they werent true in their own individual case they assumed they must be true involving others or that it was something i was saying in order to deflect the blame from myself..when i did eventually get reinstated the first thing i did was to go to the people concerned to inform them that it wasnt true and that i had never said it..some accepted this but the damage had been done...some refused to even acknowledge me

i found out last week concerning one of the accusations that was supposed to have come from my wife...that when i denied it and the elders went back to my wife to check the story and she told them that she had never said anything of the sort..the elders came to the conclusion that she had said it but retracted it under coercion from me because she saw that it was damaging my ability to get reinstated..i swear that as im writing this i cant believe the stupidity of these men

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

John 13:35

By this all will know that YOU [they] are my disciples, if YOU [they] have love among yourselves.

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

Thanks for explaining Tij.

The reason I asked is because so many here talk about how the elders don't warn others when allegations of abuse have been raised against a baptized member, and how despicable that is. I am glad to hear that others in the congregation were informed of the allegations. I wish you would have had the opportunity to face them, but at least it wasn't hidden.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

All I can say is that I am glad I am not an elder anymore

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

hartstrings im not sure i understand where you are coming from

the allegations were not true..they were lies..they were slanderous...so telling people about them is not a plus point...the effect of being slandered can in many ways be just as damaging as keeping something confidential that ought to be revealed

the ironic thing is if they were true they would probably not be allowed to tell anyone

and they believed them to be true and it occured to me that they were quite happy to let me do what they believed to be true to 'worldly' people..so long as i didnt do it in the org..and yet even if they were true i was saying i was sorry for them and willing to subject myself to their authority which would include not doing anything of that sort again....this logic seems so much clearer in my head... i hope you are able to follow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit