What do you do in your spare time?

by EvilForce 40 Replies latest social physical

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I have been here for almost 3 months now and was curious what ya'll did for fun outside of JWD.com.

Right now because it's summer and it's too hot I don't do much glassblowing. But that is where I spend most of my weekends when I'm not working.
    My list of hobbies: glassblowing, surfing, biking, good conversation over dinner and wine, movies

What do you do?

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I have 2 little ones under the age of 5...so spare time is a hot commodity.

But when I can...I read, quilt and we also all go hiking together.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Glassblowing hunh? Is that what you guys call it now???

Really though, that sounds like a tough hobby to get into, with the furnace and the big rods and the red-hot glASS ... hmm Not something that you can just pick up, like cross stiching or legos.

I play with my little guys. Soccer, baseball whatever they want to play. That and hanging out with friends. I really don't have any hobbies though.

Kwin

• garybuss
    garybuss

My favorite leisure activity is playing with my grandson, 23 months old.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Kwin..yeah...about 3 years ago before I got this job I had 3 months in between gigs. So I spent 3 months at a glass studio. I had always wanted to learn. So I had a choice between piano lessons and glassblowing...so I picked the latter.

I'm not really all that artistic yet I am "handy". Kind of like shop class. I was always good at putting things togther or taking them apart. Maybe why the human body is natural for me. It's a bio-chemical machine of sorts.

• kls
    kls

Cars , thats seems to be my life in the summer and planting trees and plants so my dog can dig them up

Love being outdoors so i do alot of walking and hiking and running from bugs.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Bass guitar for me. I've been lucky enough to be in a band with a really good bunch of blokes this year. None of us take it too seriously, so we're just doing it for kicks and beer money. Recording the band is another of my interests. Apart from that, allotment and trying to learn german (long long term project that one).

Glassblowing? Sounds cool

ig.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I love training at the gym, cooking, reading, all sports, watching movies.

GBL

• Netty
    Netty

WHAT spare time??? You silly person My kids are 3 and 7, and between work, taking care of the home, and them, guitar lessons, karate, dance, soccer, baseball, well I try to get a jazzercise lesson in here and there. I dont always make it though, but that is ok by me. I thoroughly enjoy watching my kids get the most out of life, and watching them get to do all the things I never got to do as a dub. Its ok by me.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Think of KLS, Sunspot and Hamsterbait....

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit